Hide part of folder structure in 'Path' and 'Folder' columns

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

NealR

Hide part of folder structure in 'Path' and 'Folder' columns

Post by NealR »

I keep all my music in one folder, with lots of subfolders. Displaying the path/folder structure requires me to let the column take up a lot of space.
I would find it handy/more elegant if there was the option to hide part of the folder structure in the 'Path' and 'Folder' columns.

So, for example, if I configure 'C:\Users\Me\Google Drive\Music' to be hidden somewhere in the options, instead of
'C:\Users\Me\Google Drive\Music\Artists and Bands\AC-DC\AC-DC - T.N.T..mp3'
it would just show
'\Artists and Bands\AC-DC\AC-DC - T.N.T..mp3'
MMFrLife

Re: Hide part of folder structure in 'Path' and 'Folder' col

Post by MMFrLife »

Yeah, that would be interesting. Currently, you can only do the reverse by pulling on the left side of the column right-most of "path".
It covers any right range portion of the path, leaving a range of the left side of the path exposed. I do that all the time.

You may be able to do something like what you are asking using the trim feature of Magic Nodes addon.
Ask questions about addons in the appropriate forum.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜