DLNA

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

twodutys

DLNA

Post by twodutys » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:36 pm

Looks like DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) is the way of the future. Hope Media Monkey Follows.
The on-going battle to organize years of music

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:40 am

This is one of many protocols out there now. It would be nice if MediaMonkey would make digital living easier by being able to function as server for the different media network formats.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

hfm

Re:

Post by hfm » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Lowlander wrote:This is one of many protocols out there now. It would be nice if MediaMonkey would make digital living easier by being able to function as server for the different media network formats.
I second this request. Having a DLNA-Compliant server for streaming to PS3/X360 would be nice.

Re: DLNA

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:50 am

Strong demand! :D

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:38 pm

There are a few more topics on the forum requesting this type of support in MediaMonkey.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:45 am

just have a scripter make a script connecting mediamonkey to this format that way monkey wont be bloated more then needed on peoples computers that don't want this feature.. :-?

it sounds like a good idea to do to me, 8)

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

botijo

Re: Re:

Post by botijo » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:18 pm

hfm wrote:
Lowlander wrote:This is one of many protocols out there now. It would be nice if MediaMonkey would make digital living easier by being able to function as server for the different media network formats.
I second this request. Having a DLNA-Compliant server for streaming to PS3/X360 would be nice.
By the way, X360 is not DLNA compliant. You know, strange MS stuff that was added in order NOT to be compliant. Of course, it works perfectly with WMP.

stephanvdplas

Post by stephanvdplas » Wed May 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Hello,

The Xbox 360 IS DLNA compatible now (not certified) via the media extender functionality. The PS3 IS certified, as are quite a lot of devices now. Windows Media Player 12 (part of Windows 7 is a certified player as well a a certified renderer and I must say: It works very cool and easy. DLNA compatibility is a must for the next version of MediaMonkey or I (and I assume a lot more MM users) will have to switch to another player...

Regards,

Stephan

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Thu May 07, 2009 7:58 am

Depends, I use a DLNA NAS, but MediaMonkey works fine with it using it as regular storage. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see support for it though.

stephanvdplas

Post by stephanvdplas » Thu May 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Lowlander,

You are using the NAS as DLNA Server (for storage) and MM as DLNA player and renderer. What i'd like to see is using MM as player and another network device as renderer (just like in WMP12 with the play to functionality)

Regards,
Stephan

Peke

Post by Peke » Thu May 07, 2009 4:48 pm

From what I read you need to have MM as DLNA server and DLNA Client that will search LAN for DLNA Servers (something like uPnP)?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Thu May 07, 2009 5:12 pm

MediaMonkey just uses it as attached storage, I don't have it configured to work with DLNA. The DLNA is used for other networking devices. It was in response to that user would need to dump MediaMonkey which all depends on the user case. I see no need to switch software over DLNA support.

I'm also not sure what the difference would be between direct file access or through DLNA.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:00 am

Wow this topic was started in 2006 and here we are nearly 2010 and still no DLNA support in MM??

Using any of my...

1) Nokia Mobile Phone
2) Iphone
3) Windows Media Player
4) Internet Explorer
5) Sonos System
6) Pioneer AV receiver

I can "Play to" my...

1) AV Receiver
2) Sonos distributed media system
3) Windows Media player (on another PC)
4) Nokia Mobile phone

But where is MM in all of this...No where!

I dont want to play my media collection through my PC speakers, so please MM where is your support for DLNA, seems like everyone else has it but not MM. All I need is the ability to select within MM that the music is to be played on a networked DLNA renderer (My sonos or my AV receiver, or preferably both together if I am having a party).

MM you are still my favourite but only just, MM needs this capability to have a place in a networked home.

RobinGB

ksteele

Post by ksteele » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:27 pm

I agree, I'd like to see DLNA support in Monkey. I'm currently having to use DBPower Amp's Asset program to steam my FLAC files to my XBox and their batch converter to encode FLAC to ALAC for lossless use on an iPod.

Melloware

Post by Melloware » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:21 pm

I thought DLNA was already in the MediaMonkey 4.0 branch which hasn't been released for BETA yet? I remember seeing it in the bugtracker or somewhere that this was slated for MM 4.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-