Save all sync settings in a file

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

Save all sync settings in a file

Post by Snofru »

It is good that you can export (and import) sync settings for each device. Unfortunately not all information is included there. I´d love to see that also the auto-sync settings would be saved, especially the selection of playlists which should be synced.

The reason for this request is that my Sony Walkman NW-A35 tends to get new names for its SD-card in the available devices list and then I need to adjust the sync settings again. It would be great if I could copy just all the settings from one device name to another.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Morriso

Re: Save all sync settings in a file

Post by Morriso »

Great suggestion Snofru - and I can see why you make it, as a new owner of the Sony NW-A-35 today. I'm having an issue with it, and wonder if you or anyone else on this forum will be able to help.

I have an NW-A35 with a 200GB Micro SD card as an alternative to my (now faulty) 160 iPod Classic. I'm trying it out today, but playlists I sync from MediaMonkey to the device appear as having '0' tracks, and I don't know how to fix this.

I've migrated my iTunes library (21,000 tracks) to MediaMonkey and have been test syncing a 10 track playlist over to the NW-A35, with the tracks being auto-converted down to 192kbps. All the tracks have been sent over to the NW-A35's SD card and play sucessfully. I have the m3u playist saved in a 'Playlists Folder', also within the 'MUSIC' folder on the SD card. The playlist appears on the device, but shows as having '0' tracks (and also has 'Not editable' in light grey wrtten next to it - not sure if this is relevent).

I opened the m3u playlist directly from the device, and it has tracks listed (code below), and the pathways in it appear to direct to the correct folders on the NW-A35:

Code: Select all

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:133,Wolf Alice - Yuk Foo
../Wolf Alice/Visions of a Life/02 Yuk Foo.m4a
#EXTINF:196,Alvvays - Dreams Tonite
../Alvvays/Antisocialites/02 Dreams Tonite.m4a
#EXTINF:400,The Horrors - Something To Remember Me By
../The Horrors/V/10 Something To Remember Me By.m4a
#EXTINF:243,Null+Void - Where I Wait (feat. Dave Gahan) [Radio Edit]
../Null+Void/Cryosleep/12 Where I Wait (feat. Dave Gahan) [.m4a
#EXTINF:237,Paul Draper - Things People Want
../Paul Draper/Spooky Action/03 Things People Want.m4a
#EXTINF:255,At the Drive-In - Ghost-Tape No. 9
../At the Drive-In/in•ter a•li•a/10 Ghost-Tape No. 9.m4a
#EXTINF:338,Slowdive - Star Roving
../Slowdive/Star Roving - Single/01 Star Roving.m4a
#EXTINF:265,The Flaming Lips - How??
../The Flaming Lips/Oczy Mlody/02 How__.m4a
#EXTINF:294,Broken Social Scene - Please Take Me with You
../Broken Social Scene/Hug of Thunder/10 Please Take Me with You.m4a
#EXTINF:181,Cherry Glazerr - Nurse Ratched
../Cherry Glazerr/Apocalipstick/09 Nurse Ratched.m4a
Here's a screenshot of my playlist sync settings:

I've sent over playlists with all the different settings enabled and disabled (relevent paths, Linux separator, UTF-8, extended m3u), but none of the option combinations make the device see the tracks in the playlist.

Getting this to work will determine whether I keep the device or send it back - asI don't want to use Son'ys horrid Media Go or Music Center software as my library management software!

So, how do you get readable playlists over to the NW-A35 from MediaMonkey? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Andy
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try to Use only "\MUSIC\" as Destination and then retry with disabled UTF8 and/or Extended M3U disabled?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

In my settings I have "\MUSIC\Playlists\" as my destination folder. I had to try out a few settings before I found that this one works (for me).

Apart from that I have checked "Sync playlists" and "Use Unicode (UTF-8 encoding)" and everything else is unchecked.

BTW: This discussion would make more sense in a separate thread, IMHO.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156