MMW Feature Request - Open Properties Pop-Up & Interact with Playing Songs

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

dennisparrott

MMW Feature Request - Open Properties Pop-Up & Interact with Playing Songs

Post by dennisparrott »

Here is something I discovered that I could really use...

I have a node open on screen and I want to fix the tags; put in corrected genres, put in correct names, artists, etc.

I play a song so that I can let the SoundHound or Shazam hear the song and then open the Properties pop-up to put in some new metadata. [yes, there are add-ons for tagging but most of time these songs have titles like "02 track 9" or some such non-useful gibberish.]

I want to allow the pop-up to stay up and be able to interact with the playing list to say skip to the next track to Shazam that track.

Right now, I have finish the edit, click OK to dismiss the pop-up, start the new track and then right-click->Properties to bring up the pop-up to edit the metadata.

It would save time to be able to click on the player controls with that Properties pop-up open.

An alternative would be to put a limited set of player controls in the Properties pop-up (stop/previous track/play|pause/next track) so that I can accomplish moving around in the songs in that node.
Peke

Re: MMW Feature Request - Open Properties Pop-Up & Interact with Playing Songs

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It can be even simpler ;)
1. In MMW you can Make Properties dialog Always open in View -> Properties
2. double click on track in Now Playing (Assuming you have filled it with unknown metadata tracks)
3. Use SoundHound or Shazam or ... to detect track
4. Edit Metadata -> Update
5. Repeat 2-4 for other tracks

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts