A way to show all files under a node

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

guapo

A way to show all files under a node

Post by guapo »

Hi!
I would like to have a way to show all files that are part of the playlists stored under a node in the library. Meaning, a way to display the sum of all playlists, with tracks being displayed multiple times if they are part of multiple playlists.
Even though you think that its not useful, let me explain why: I am DJing and store tracks that I find interesting in monthly work-playlists. Also, the playlists I was DJing are stored under the same node "DJ". I would be interested to see the whole content of this node, because the sum in there is a pre-selected collection that would make it much easier to find the danceable songs.
best, matthias
Erwin Hanzl

Re: A way to show all files under a node

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hi,

With the addon of MM, the data is exported to an EXCEL file for further processing. Here you can sort, group ...
Maybe help

Download „Custom Report 3.2.“ https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... t/reports/
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
guapo

Post by guapo »

Hi, thanks for the reply! The add-on just allows to analyse the content of the node's playlists, right? I would like to display the songs and play them. Intuitively I would create an autoplaylist that "contains" the files part of the node. Additionally with a similar option that your xls file has, namely the column "Playlist Name".

This question was already issued some time ago (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52869), with the reply of Lowlander "If you want playlists to inherit you already can using AutoPlaylists and criteria Playlist." The problem here is that Im adding every month a new nested playlist under that node. So in order to keep it up-to-date, I have to manually check the new playlist in the Autoplaylist criteria...
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Deleted 29.10.2018
Was sich nicht bewährt, gehört wieder weg.
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
guapo

Post by guapo »

ja ich spreche deutsch.
for the sake of the wishlist, Im just gonna answer in english. yes, the script is doing what I intend to have, however, as I understand, I gotta manually execute it whenever I've changed something in any playlist within the node. for manual purposes, I can easily make an autoplaylist and check all playlists given in the node (plus, monthly add the new work list into the autoplaylist).
I was searching for an autoupdating list...
thank you for your efforts, man!
best, matthias