I have made exactly the same experience regarding the missing timestamp updates in connection with MediaMonkey tagging and was also frustrated that nearly no one cares or seriously tried to replicate this behaviour.
Just want to let you know, that latest firmware 4.1.9 seems to have fixed this annoying issue.
Release notes say "Updated CIFS service ...", so I guess the formware is now using a newer version of samba.
I installed it yesterday and immediately did some test with MM: Everytime the timestamp was updated, as it should.
Unless of course the person concerned is using the latest MediaMonkey beta ...
Users browsing this forum: BMF, Exabot [Bot] and 23 guests