Library Upgrade

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Library Upgrade

Post by pah68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:17 am

I've missed something obvious I guess, but how do I upgrade my old 2.5 library to the new Beta?
Image
Image

G.I.
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:29 am

Post by G.I. » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:26 am

When I installed the beta (Haven't installed any alpha's) it just automatically said: Converting Library ... took a long time, but I have much data ...

Anyway, it did this automatically ...

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by pah68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 am

I've installed over one of the earlier Alpha's, but there has been no upgrade. :-?

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.
Image
Image

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by pah68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:01 am

I've uninstalled MM3 and re-installed. Still no idea how to upgrade my old 2.5 library. :-?
I still have a MM2 installed in a different folder. I've been installing my Alpha and Beta 3's into C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3
Image
Image

Steegy
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Steegy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:06 am

Make sure that
- MM3 finds your MM2 database (it should be in the My Music folder)
- No previous MM3 database is found (if it finds a MM3 database in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey, it probably won't look for a MM2 database)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by pah68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:08 am

Uninstalling 3 screwed up my MM2 setup :x
Image
Image

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by pah68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:15 am

Steegy wrote:No previous MM3 database is found (if it finds a MM3 database in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey, it probably won't look for a MM2 database)
There we go...thanks champ. :oops: Converting now. :wink:
Image
Image

GSV3MiaC
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Shropshire, England

Post by GSV3MiaC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Steegy wrote:Make sure that
- MM3 finds your MM2 database (it should be in the My Music folder)
- No previous MM3 database is found (if it finds a MM3 database in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey, it probably won't look for a MM2 database)
Does anyone know if the database conversion takes care of Virtual Cd files (and database entries)??

Every time I have installed a MM3 release (in a separate folder to where MM2.5 lives) it seems to revert to 'non gold' status (and as someone said, removing it leaves MM2.5 screwed up, in terms of portable device options, Gold status, and probably some other stuff I have yet to detect.

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by pah68 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:54 pm

And it's ruined all my classifications, They all read
Tempo (moderate), Mood (Mellow), Occasion (Background), Quality (Excellent). Half my Autoplaylists can no longer be viewed.
Rescanning the library does not update the classification fields from the tags of my MP3's
Image
Image

jiri
Posts: 5394
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Post by jiri » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:14 am

Please provide some more details, or maybe better e-mail me the .mdb file to be converted with a description of what's wrong, we'll look into it.

Jiri

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by pah68 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:25 am

I've since come up with a work around whereas I created a playlist of every classification option, then upgraded and made the classification changes in the new library based on those playlists.

I had created a number of my own classifications which may have caused the issue. A number of my autoplaylists don't work and these may have used some of those custom classifications.

I'd e-mail you my mdb but it's very nearly 100MB
Image
Image

Post Reply