MM3 [B4] installation directory?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

drjohn

MM3 [B4] installation directory?

Post by drjohn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:20 am

In the new B4 build the history states that the default installation directory is MediaMonkey because of issues with having seperate directories. The installation instructions say to install to a seperate directory to preserve MM2. I am slightly confused as to which way to install.

Thanks for the great work so far!

GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:19 pm

Well I manually forced it to /mediamonkey3 folder (and same for the program group) and it seems to work fine. Well, I mean it still has too many bugs, but nothing that looks installation related.

Worst that can happen is it won't work right .. where as putting it in MM2 folder could cause all sorts of havoc.
Last edited by GSV3MiaC on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:23 pm

I also keep mediamonkey3 separate folder and will continue to do so even after it is fully released.

With the huge list of changes (especially script and skin support), it just does not make any sense at all to try to install into the mm2 folder.

nojac

Post by nojac » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:01 pm

Like most of those who have tested the alpha/beta versions of MM3, I have kept MM3 in a separate folder. And it has worked OK for me.

I am a little confused about the statement
"Test Note: Default installation path reverted to \MediaMonkey (there were various unforseen issues associated with treating MM3 as a separate app with an independent directory). "

But later on :

"-When prompted for path to shorcuts, choose something like MediaMonkey3 so that you'll have shortcuts to both versions of MediaMonkey in your Start folder. "

What "issues" are we talking about? Is it or is it not recommended to keep both versions on the computer?