Zen Vision M Sync & Autosync (B4/RC1) [F4000 RC4]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

nynaevelan

Zen Vision M Sync & Autosync (B4/RC1) [F4000 RC4]

Post by nynaevelan » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi:

I am trying to set up my playlists to auto sync. I have 93 playlists consisting of 1445 tracks. However, I get this message after it has been preparing the list of track for several minutes:

I am running MM3b4 on a Vista x32 Ultimate machine. Any suggestions how to get this autosync to work? If I break the sync up with 10 or less playlists it works, but I would like to autosync all my playlists without all this manual input.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

jiri

Post by jiri » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:47 am

I'd suggest to try the next release when it's out (should be very soon) and in case it persists, create a debug log and e-mail it to me.

Jiri

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:56 am

How soon is "very soon"? If it is some time this week, then I will only upload my favorites but if it is going to be longer than that, then I will just have to break the lists down and upload them that way.

Nyn

jiri

Post by jiri » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Probably later today or tomorrow.

Jiri

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:16 pm

Thanks I will wait for the next release.

Nyn

EDIT: RC1 did not resolve my problem, I am still unable to sync all of my playlists.

Nyn

rusty

Zen Vision Sync problem

Post by rusty » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:26 am

Nyn,

As discussed in another post, I'm not having any problems syncing to a Zen Vision.

Can you:
-Export your playlists to .m3u files (Tools > Scripts > Export all playlists...) so that they can be rescanned when you re-install
-Uninstall RC-1, and delete any contents in the \Program Files\MediaMonkey directory
-Delete the MM3 db (on XP it's at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\MM.db )
-Reinstall 3.0.0.1098 and retest

My concern is that this may be related to DB corruption in an earlier beta build or perhaps due to some other faulty config.

Thx.

-Rusty

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:05 am

Rusty:

I tried your suggestion, now the sync will take about six minutes to prep the tracks, then the syncing progress bar will jump all the way to the end and continue running for several hours but nothng happens, it never syncs the playlists onto the player.

Nyn

EDIT:

Ok I tried it again, this time I cleaned all the music off of my Zen (very UNHAPPY about that!!). Next I autosynced all 92 of my playlists. Although it put all the music and playlists on the player, it remained stuck on the syncing bar for several hours. I finally shut MM3 down to stop it. Next I added a new "test" playlist to the list and tried to sync, it gave me the same error as before. Finally I tried to just sync that one playlist and it just remained stuck, it would not sync at all.

Looks like I will be remaining with MM2.5 for some time, its too bad because MM3 has some awesome new features.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Ok it's official now, MM3 will not be the program I use for the syncing of my Zen. I have downloaded and installed the RC2 release and now when I try to complete a full sync, the process will compete successfully but this is what I end up with:

I really like MM3, and as a lifetime membership holder, when the final version is released, I will use it for my file editing but from now on I will remain with MM 2.5 in order to play my music and sync my Zen.

Nyn

EDIT:

I tested a sync on my work machine which is running XP and I was able to sync two playlists. But this does not help me since my "library" is on my home computer. The only things I can think of that is causing a problem is Vista because I cannot fully sync using a new or converted database. Any other suggestions, and please do not suggest starting with a brand new database because that is not an option? Is it possible someone can review my dblog to see where the conversion problem lies, I wouldn't be opposed to removing individual songs but I do not want to lose my entire database and I would really, really like to get away from using two separate databases.

Nyn
Last edited by nynaevelan on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

rusty

Zen Messed up playlists

Post by rusty » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:57 pm

Anyone else seeing this?

-Rusty

Al_G

Re: Zen Messed up playlists

Post by Al_G » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:21 am

rusty wrote:Anyone else seeing this?
Using MM 3.0.0.1105
Zen Vision:M 60GB /w 1.21.02 firmware
XP SP2

I just ran a test and it was able to autosynchronize several playlists without exhibiting the problem above. I wiped the player prior to the test and it was a fresh install of MM. The tracks transfered quickly. Maybe a Vista issue?

I also had the option selected to make a playlist for each album but this did not work.

One unrelated issue and undesirable behavior I noted. I have file monitor running on the \mp3 folder because normally I want MM to pick up any changes made (both 'update tags when editing properties' and 'Modify timestamp when editing tags' are checked) EXCEPT when doing an autosynchronize.

If I forget to clear the two check boxes, the process changes all the 1/2 star ratings to integer values and updates all timestamps in the set. It would be nice for the synchronizations options to have an override of the default library settings to prevent this from happening.

With a fully loaded player, it would take 10 min before a sync would start (the two library tag options were checked). During this time, MM would modify all the 1/2 star ratings and updated the time stamp for every file in the library to the current date/time. I really only want a one way transfer of information MM>player. I'd like an option for the sync process to never modify any file on the computer.

nduke

Re: Zen Messed up playlists

Post by nduke » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:57 am

rusty wrote:Anyone else seeing this?

-Rusty
I was having the same problem with RC1, but the problem went away with RC2. For me at least it seemed to happen when there were files on the Zen that were no longer in one of the sync playlists. For example if I had deleted a podcast in MM that was still on the Zen, I would get this error. It always seemed to popup the same number of files that had been deleted. If the track was still in the MM library but no longer on a sync list there was no problem.

I hope I explained that well enough. As a work around I simply kept pressing Retry in the dialog box. Once I got past the files, the sync went just fine.

Unfortunately RC2 keeps locking up my CPU, so I've rolled back to RC1 and am dealing with these dialog boxes again, but I've already posted about that, so I'll end my whining for now. :D

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Thanks for the info, I will give this a test when I get home because I am 90% sure there are files on my Zen that are either not on the autosync list or have had tag changes, since MM 2.5 is my main database and it takes so long to resync in MM3 that I only do this once a week. I also do not want to delete tracks from the device because I have other songs/playlists that are not a part of my autosync list on the player.

On a side note, are the options to sync from the device to MM greyed out for you? Is this a Zen issue or a MM issue, I am not sure because I have never tried to sync back from the Zen.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:43 pm

I don't know what changed but I was able to complete a sync today, the only thing I can think of is this time MM 2.5 was not up and running. Maybe this was interfering with the sync?? However as reported by others in another post, all the songs in the playlists were not syned to the Zen but it's making progress. Could the fact that the songs in the MM 3.0 database were not current with the tags have something to do with the problems with the sync? And why does it takes hours to rescan what MM 2.5 does in minutes??

Nyn

rusty

Zen firmware

Post by rusty » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi,

If you're experiencing such problems, can you tell me what Zen Device / firmware version you're using?

We've tested on Zen Sleek, Zen Vision, Zen V, Zen Micro, and Zen Nano Plus and cannot replicate this!

-Rusty

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:26 pm

I have the Zen Vision M 60 GB with firmware v. 1.21.02.

Nyn