MMSaTe [4125]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

aprzybylo

MMSaTe [4125]

Post by aprzybylo »

What are those files???? I rip my CD to FLAC file and then I edit tags to embed the art work and those files are then created.... They have exactly the same size as flac files.... Are those some kind of temporary files that are not removed?
ctbarker32

Post by ctbarker32 »

Yeah, I am getting these same files, when ripping FLAC, as well. Doubling disc storage requirements for each ripped CD. I am now deleting files manually.

Never seen this bug before. Not clear why it showed up this late in the game.

I find I have to resort to MP3Tag to get the tags straight lately regarding Disc Number since MM seems to be having problems.

Hope it gets fixed before release.

-CB
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks, this was introduced by another bugfix, it will be ok in the next release.

Jiri
blubb

Looking forward to it ...

Post by blubb »

Just stumbled over this bug by myself and therefore I hope the fix comes soon--cause this bug is kind of annoying ^.^

Looking forward to it.
rusty

MMSaTe fix

Post by rusty »

Note that this is fixed in RC5. If you've used RC4's conversion/auto-conversion functionality much, you'll probably have a few MMSaTe files scatterred around your system. You should do a Desktop Search to find them and delete them.

-Rusty
gab

Post by gab »

A few additional points on this issue:

(1) These files were created on my system even though i did no conversions. Just tagging files

(2) Although I can't prove a direct link, I believe some of my original files were damaged in the process. I have about 1,000 files that now are unplayable (they have shrunk in size from 4-5 MB to 40 - 80 kbs). I can't prove a direct link however all of this happened after I tagged the files with MM.

(3) I did all of the above with RC5

(4) I also had some files created with "XXXX", not MMSate, as an extension.

gab
gab

Post by gab »

Any comments on this? At this point I've stopped using MM because of the issues described in my previous post.
rusty

xxxx and mmsate

Post by rusty »

gab,

We've not been able to replicate the problem you describe in RC5, though, both problems that you describe did exist in earlier builds.

What makes you so certain that the problem was introduced by RC-5? Can you give any steps to reproduce the problem?

Thx.

-Rusty
gab

Post by gab »

Rusty -

Unfortunately I can't give you any steps other than I tagged the files. Although on further thought I'm not 100% certain it was RC5 that's my recollection.

Just to confirm however, prior to RC5 the issue with the files being destroyed (shrunk in size) was occurring?

gab
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, there wasn't any such problem of damaged tracks reported or fixed in any of 3.0 pre-release versions. The only problem fixed was with that MMSaTe files (which wasn't really dangerous though, they were just duplicates that weren't removed properly).

Jiri
gab

Post by gab »

Thanks for the update Jiri.

If anyone has ever had an issue where a large number of tracks being rendered unplayable (file sizes shrunk down to almost nothing) I'd appreciate it if you would respond to this thread. I don't know what happened but I lost over 1,000 tracks and the only thing that I recently did was add album art with MM.
WarGod

Re: MMSaTe [4125]

Post by WarGod »

I am running version MM 3.2.0.1294 and just experienced the same problem where files are named with a .MMSate file extension. I installed the MediaMonkey_AAC_Plug-in_1_0_6.exe to rip Audiobooks using the M4B format.

Of several thousand files converted, only one file showed up with the MMSate file extension. The MMSate file appears to be a duplicate, but it can't be deleted without rebooting.
Karmapowered

Post by Karmapowered »

I seem to have the exact same issue.

Is there a setting that I can change to prevent this from happening, or is this still a bug (since 2007, date of the first message in this thread) ?

EDIT : I am using MM version 3.1.1.1261 - Windows XP Home.
Buck

Post by Buck »

Count me as another user discovering a bunch of these in my music directory. Can't say when this happened, but I am running 3.2.0.1294. I'll delete these if I can and see if more pop up later.
Thanks
Buck
(maybe I didn't need to buy that 2TB hard drive? - Oh yes, oh yes I did! :wink: )

*EDIT*
OK, I believe that I ripped these files at least 2 years ago. It could have been with a beta version. I don't know for certain. After doing a search for mmsate files on my hard drives, I didn't find as many as I thought and again they were ripped a long time ago.
Buck is shutting up now. :-)

Later
active

2tb hard drive

Post by active »

Buck wrote:Count me as another user discovering a bunch of these in my music directory. Can't say when this happened, but I am running 3.2.0.1294. I'll delete these if I can and see if more pop up later.
Thanks
Buck
(maybe I didn't need to buy that 2TB hard drive? - Oh yes, oh yes I did! :wink: )

*EDIT*
OK, I believe that I ripped these files at least 2 years ago. It could have been with a beta version. I don't know for certain. After doing a search for mmsate files on my hard drives, I didn't find as many as I thought and again they were ripped a long time ago.
Buck is shutting up now. :-)

Later
How many minutes of audio can fit on a 2TB hard drive?
A variety of options can be gone through when selecting a 2tb hard drive.