3.0.2.1132 and previous: Now playing, Winamp issues

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

tralla
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:18 pm

3.0.2.1132 and previous: Now playing, Winamp issues

Post by tralla » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:33 am

Hi all,

from Build 1127 I have had major problems with MM3. I'm running several installations on one XP SP1 PC which works perfectly with MM2. Installed MM3 alongside my previous MM2 installations, moved the ini in the same directory as the exe and removed every trace of MediaMonkey in my "Local Settings".

Starting MM3, it finds the right database and directory settings, so I assume it reads the right ini file. BUT:

- When I start MM3, it will automagically also start Winamp (even if I set the internal player as default).
- I cannot delete tracks from "Now Playing". (Also true both for Winamp and internal player.) Adding tracks to "Now playing" will put them in 2nd or 3rd position of the "old" list I don't want any more.
- Switching between players has sometimes had the effect that both run, obviously with different playlists - one has the "old" list, the other the tracks I just added.

This behaviour may or may not be related to:
- When I exit MM3, it creates a directory in my "Local Settings" with just the file mediamonkey.m3u in it.

All this is true for skinned and non-skinned versions. For the time being I'm switching back to MM2 - playing music in MM3 isn't fun like this.

Help and hints greatly appreciated! tralla

Rave_Zero
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:01 am

Post by Rave_Zero » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:04 am

You can try to:
  • 1) uninstall MediaMonkey3
    2) clean up all MediaMonkey settings from your registry (regedit in WinXP)
    3) reinstall MM3 and check whether the problem still persists

tralla
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:18 pm

Post by tralla » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi again,

apart from the fact that it'll take me ages to reconstruct my two previously working installations of MM2.5, the complete reinstall makes no difference at all. All issues I've noted before are still there.

Funnily, "Now playing" shows a VERY old list. Where can I go looking for that?

Cheers, tralla

rovingcowboy
Posts: 14153
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Post by rovingcowboy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:59 pm

they are almost out with xp sp 3. i have beta one of that and there is beta 2 link i seen on majorgeeks.com
so why are you using xp sp 1?

that could be causing your woe's. :o



8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

tralla
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:18 pm

Post by tralla » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:22 am

Pardon me, but after two *de*structive hints, would someone come up with some *con*structive advice?

I did *not* have the above problems with early releases of MM3 on the same box. Why should SP1 become a problem with the RC releases?

Cheers, tralla

jiri
Posts: 5388
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Post by jiri » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:09 pm

When I start MM3, it will automagically also start Winamp (even if I set the internal player as default).
This is almost surely caused by configuration of WinAmp as the player to be used by MM. This can be somehow related to MediaMonkey.ini file - try to delete it (if exists) both from MM folder in Program Files and from Local Settings folder.

Jiri

tralla
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:18 pm

Post by tralla » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:30 am

Hi Jiri,
thanks for the hint but that didn't help either - I'll give it another try on the weekend... :o

However, I can reproduce the following on XP SP1 home and SP2 pro: I have my "standalone" installations with the ini residing alongside the exe in the installation directory. I remove the MediaMonkey directory in "Local Settings".

On exiting MM3, it will create
1. a playlist playit.m3u in the installation directory
2. a directory MediaMonkey with a playlist mediamonkey.m3u in my "Local Settings" - which may then conflict with my other installations.
Both playlists have the same entries, saving "Now playing".

MM2 did not do anything to my "Local Settings" and I think this qualifies as a bug.
Cheers, tralla

Post Reply