Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing (MM 3.0.x)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Re: Interesting development...

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Is your http://www.last.fm/settings/ Time Zone off by an hour? Could be because of DST.[/quote]

It looks like my time zone is right, and things scrobble at the correct time from itunes using the last.fm scrobbler, wierd.

LordHades

Post by LordHades » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:47 pm

Hmmm got the same problems with the incorrect time when submitting a song to last.fm. It says like some others that i'm listening to a track in 40 min, or 41 min and counting down.

Tried to reinstall MM, last.fm plugin but didnt work :( really starting to get annoyed. If last.fm says it's not there problem and it does work normall for other programs does that mean the plugin in mm is having a malfunction?

edit:

Installed the plugin again, restarted MM and it's not even showing the now listing or recently played songs so there is nothing to do but be patient and hope they fix it soon :(

Re: Interesting development...

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:It looks like my time zone is right, and things scrobble at the correct time from itunes using the last.fm scrobbler, wierd.
Also, it's looking like this may be affecting how things get saved to my history. The tracks do all get scrobbled to my recently listened tracks, but only about half actually seem to get transfered over to my recent tracks chart. is this Last.fm or the scrobbler?

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:45 pm

Just checked and made sure I am not seeing this problem. Refreshed my web page 30 seconds after client reported track scrobbled and the new status shows "now listening" for the track.

So, maybe it is a configuration specific problem.

my config is:
WXP Pro SP2
MM3.0.3.1155
gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll v2.0.45.0
Last.fm client v1.4.2.58376

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:53 pm

looks like they actually are getting copied over, i was just not waiting long enough. but they are still scrobbling in the future

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:looks like they actually are getting copied over, i was just not waiting long enough. but they are still scrobbling in the future
What is your config? I will see if I can reproduce the problem. Note that I am NOT using the new native beta plugin.

LordHades

Post by LordHades » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:24 am

Ok, fixed it well fix it's an other solution. I'm using the last.fm program now with an older version of the winamp plugin (the way most of us used it before native support) and that works fine.

edit:

Ok it works, i had to waith like an hour before it worked because of the earlier faulty submissions :)

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:19 am

last.fm plugin gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll 2.0.45
http://static.last.fm/plugins/ass/Winam ... 0.45.0.exe

mistresso

Post by mistresso » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Windows XP here - using all the latest plugins. Scrobbling stopped working for me too (auto DJ also still works fine).

Like some of the other users, I can usually see the Now Playing track, but it doesn't get stored. This was working fine up until about the 10th of April on my end. When I look at the LastFM_Log.txt log file, I see blocks of similar code throughout:

4/16/2008 9:48:23 PM: Last.FM Handshake Started
4/16/2008 9:48:24 PM: Last.FM Handshake: OK
4/16/2008 9:48:24 PM: Last.FM Cache Submission: Started
4/16/2008 9:48:24 PM: Last.FM Cache Submission: Connection To Last.FM interupted
4/16/2008 9:48:24 PM: Last.FM NowPlaying: Update Started
4/16/2008 9:48:25 PM: Last.FM NowPlaying: OK

I wonder if the "interrupted" messages are an indication of the scrobbling failure on saving played songs in my last.fm history...

sovietnoodle

Post by sovietnoodle » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:30 pm

So i downloaded http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/Last.fm ... .1.12.mmip about a month or so ago and it has been working fine. However, the last day or so it wont scrobble. It comes up in last.fm as "now listening" but then never records the track. it keeps saying that spam was triggered cuz the track was played b4 a previous track...which doesnt make sense since my last track is over 2 days old. And my timezone setting is correct as well. Any ideas? How do i uninstall this plug-in also? Thanks

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:16 pm

sovietnoodle wrote:So i downloaded http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/Last.fm ... .1.12.mmip about a month or so ago and it has been working fine. However, the last day or so it wont scrobble. It comes up in last.fm as "now listening" but then never records the track. it keeps saying that spam was triggered cuz the track was played b4 a previous track...which doesnt make sense since my last track is over 2 days old. And my timezone setting is correct as well. Any ideas? How do i uninstall this plug-in also? Thanks
Tools -> Extensions -> Uninstall
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 pm

I would not be so quick to blame the plugin, there seem to be plenty of problems with the LastFm server lately.
spacefish wrote:If you're ever having problems with tracks showing up in your recent list, you can check http://status.last.fm/ to see what condition Submissions is in.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...

mistresso

Post by mistresso » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:25 am

As for the Last.fm submission status, it's been saying "unknown" for some time now.

I love the concept of last.fm, but i stopped paying their monthly subscription fees until they at least this resolved. i am hoping it's all tied to the weird timestamp issues they're having (and know about).

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:54 am

mistresso wrote:As for the Last.fm submission status, it's been saying "unknown" for some time now.

I love the concept of last.fm, but i stopped paying their monthly subscription fees until they at least this resolved. i am hoping it's all tied to the weird timestamp issues they're having (and know about).
Yep, with the intermittent problems with the Last.Fm servers I have decided to limit my trouble shooting to the Last.Fm client / Service interaction. I know that the gen_wa_scrobller.dll interface to the client is stable, and, using the external client still let's me scrobble from other media players (if desired).

So, with the recent for me addition of Tekno's Last.Fm node, I am happy with MM+Last.Fm, but, I will continue to avoid the native plug-in..

Maybe not politic to say this in the testing thread, but, it is the way it is. IMHO.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

LordHades

Post by LordHades » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:33 pm

Polite or not :) it doesnt work properly so it's not bad to say you found a working solution for the moment.

I had the same problems switched back to external last.fm program and older version of the plugin and it works llike a charm again no problems whatsoever.