1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

juliandiego
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by juliandiego » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Hello ppl!

I have exactly the same problem that dodger has explained. I'm using MM 3.0.3.1183 to sync an Ipod 80GB 5.5G. Are there any news about this issue?

Thanks!

_dodger_
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by _dodger_ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:24 am

As I said in my previous post: Problem still seems to be there in the latest 3.0.3.1183 version.

I believe I have done everything I can at the moment to help in this matter. Now I'll just wait...

Moosmi
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 am

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by Moosmi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:20 am

Hi , I'm using the 3.1.1.1261 version of MM and an Ipod 30Giga / 5.0G and the problem still persists ! It does work after the first sync but the lyrics are deleted when i do further syncs.
Sorry to bring back this topic but I'd really like this problem to be fixed.
Thanks

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:27 am

Moosmi wrote:Hi , I'm using the 3.1.1.1261 version of MM and an Ipod 30Giga / 5.0G and the problem still persists ! It does work after the first sync but the lyrics are deleted when i do further syncs.
Sorry to bring back this topic but I'd really like this problem to be fixed.
Thanks
Already fixed in 3.1.2.1282.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Moosmi
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 am

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by Moosmi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:05 am

Sorry but i don't find 3.1.2.1282 version, only 3.1.1.1261 version is available for download on www.mediamonkey.com

Owyn
Posts: 2018
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:55 am
Location: Canada

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by Owyn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:08 am

Latest build (1287 at the moment) available here.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

_dodger_
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by _dodger_ » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:03 am

I'm using the latest released version 3.2.0.1294 and this still happens :(

timepass18
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 am

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by timepass18 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:45 am

Hey dodger, great follow up. Even i am using the latest version and facing the same problem. A fix would be highly appreciated

67Healey
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by 67Healey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Wow - what a disappointment :cry:
After spending copious amounts of time getting my Library "perfect" with MM so I could finally say good bye to iTunes, I now find myself on a discussion board looking up an issue that had the last comment from someone @ MM in 2008.

And, in short, after the first synch to my ipod 80g (5.5 firmware), all those beuatiful lyrics are wiped from the ipod ;-(
I am also using latest version of MM 3.2.0.194

I've had a look @ Mantis - NO bug entered there, and I've read the posting on how bugs get reported officially from moderators taking info from the discussions, so my question is - Will this EVER get acknowledged @ worked on? as by the age of this thread, it's been happening for a long long time..

Thanks

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by nohitter151 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 pm

67Healey wrote:I've had a look @ Mantis - NO bug entered there, and I've read the posting on how bugs get reported officially from moderators taking info from the discussions, so my question is - Will this EVER get acknowledged @ worked on? as by the age of this thread, it's been happening for a long long time..
I guess you didn't look hard enough. This WAS reported and FIXED! http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5995
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

_dodger_
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by _dodger_ » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:20 am

nohitter151 wrote:
67Healey wrote:I've had a look @ Mantis - NO bug entered there, and I've read the posting on how bugs get reported officially from moderators taking info from the discussions, so my question is - Will this EVER get acknowledged @ worked on? as by the age of this thread, it's been happening for a long long time..
I guess you didn't look hard enough. This WAS reported and FIXED! http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5995
The ticket you are linking to is not the same problem that is discussed in this thread. So without having checked Mantis myself I believe 67Healey is correct.

67Healey
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by 67Healey » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:47 pm

_dodger_ wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
67Healey wrote:I've had a look @ Mantis - NO bug entered there, and I've read the posting on how bugs get reported officially from moderators taking info from the discussions, so my question is - Will this EVER get acknowledged @ worked on? as by the age of this thread, it's been happening for a long long time..
I guess you didn't look hard enough. This WAS reported and FIXED! http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5995
The ticket you are linking to is not the same problem that is discussed in this thread. So without having checked Mantis myself I believe 67Healey is correct.
Dodger is correct - it's not the same.
Read the last couple of comments from the Developer who acknowledge lyrics being truncated (which was fixed) is NOT the same as the actual issue of NO lyrics being synched:

"(0019221)
stephen_platt (updater)
2009-10-17 09:31

According to eSupport ticket:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/staf ... 7&offset=0 [^]

This is still unresolved as of build 1274

(0019224)
petr (developer)
2009-10-17 11:51

Stephen, based on ticked you've mentioned it's not same issue as Lyrics are not displayed at all (this issue was about truncated lyrics). "


So, this was back in October, and nothing has happened since. The original issue of truncated lyrics was fixed, but no one actually opened another bug for the "no lyrics" issue - how do we get a proper bug created & a fix worked on?

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:44 pm

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

_dodger_
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by _dodger_ » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for proving our point: The problem is still not fixed.

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: 1175: Lyrics syncing with iPod 30GB

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:34 pm

_dodger_ wrote:
Thanks for proving our point: The problem is still not fixed.
The issue is closed and resolved as of 1277... ?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post Reply