When Sync to USBKey, MM wants to delete non-music files

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Anubis

When Sync to USBKey, MM wants to delete non-music files

Post by Anubis »

I have just set up to sync some music to my 1GB USBKey that has non music files on it that I want to keep.
It asked if I wanted delete these files (one by one), which I answered No, but then when it got into the music, I would have had to answered YES 200 times. I didn't feel that I could answer YES TO ALL, as there were still some non-musaic files it hadn't prompted me for.
Is there any way round this with RC1? I ended up using Windows Explorer to delete all the music files and then syncing, which seems a bit silly.
Thanks
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

bump.... does anybody else experience this?
Graham

Post by Graham »

Anubis wrote:bump.... does anybody else experience this?
Yes - I raised a similar issue previously. It was suggested that I map just the music folder of the external drive to MM - and then sync. Not tried it yet, but should work in theory. Would be better if you could specify a start point for the sync in MM though.
jiri

Post by jiri »

In the next release the Generic device plug-in will delete only music files (if the option is checked) and not all files. However, the option to delete only in a specific folder isn't implemented yet.

Jiri
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

jiri wrote:In the next release the Generic device plug-in will delete only music files (if the option is checked) and not all files.
Thank you. I can confirm that this fix works for me.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This is a great enhancement. My portable player has system files that can't be deleted so this will make synchronization much smoother.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

Pablo wrote:This is a great enhancement.
I wouldn't call it an enhancement, as I'm pretty sure this is how 2.2 worked. I'd call it a bug fix...