Reflected album art has "inverted" color BUG#5007

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Reflected album art has "inverted" color BUG#5007

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:37 am

I like the idea of the reflected art in the Album art view, but something seemed "off" from the moment I saw the reflected art. I finally realized what it was, the reflected art seems to have an "inverted" or negative color from the original album! It's much more evident in some album art than others (presumably due to the album art's color). I've highlighted some of the obvious examples in the following (boxed in red):

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Lowlander

Re: Reflected album art has "inverted" color

Post by Lowlander » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:10 am

I would also suggest that album art's are aligned to the bottom if reflection is enabled (should be optional in my opinion). As the current implementation doesn't look very clean to me. In any case this is a nice addition to MediaMonkey!
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

buskbolurven

Re: Reflected album art has "inverted" color BUG#5007

Post by buskbolurven » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:49 am

This problem occurs again in 1459; art added during this fall, when MM4 still was in beta version, now shows with inverted colors. It is not all art, but not seldom either. The question now if it is the show art function that fails or if it is saved in the wrong way in the files? If it is the latter problem: Is it possible making a fix? A going through of thousands of files is not what I want right now.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Maybe clearing the Art cache in the MM temp folder helps?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

tommycrock

Post by tommycrock » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:29 pm

buskbolurven wrote: art added during this fall, when MM4 still was in beta version, now shows with inverted colors.
Sounds like the weird colours issue. When the art was being added it was showing up fine in MediaMonkey but was encoded wrongly. I reckon you're going to have to add that art again, unless you can figure what the transformation is and get some program to do a batch convert?