d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

abraxxa

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by abraxxa » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 am

@greyyguitar: That's a problem of the iPhone, it doesn't distinguish between artist name in album listing mode so all three albums with name 'Greatest Hits' are shown as one.
MM can't do anything against that.
An option to change the album name and prefix it if it matches a pattern (like Greatest Hits) would help.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:03 am

markstuartwalker wrote:Everyone seems very positive about this so I'm sorry to put a damper on things ....

I want to put music, video and applications onto my iPhone. In the past I've come a cropper on this as iTunes and MM conflict (generally you use one or the other).

Is this still the case? Or is there a combination of settings that allows these two applications to co-exist?
There's never been an issue using iTunes to sync your videos/photos/apps (and backup the device) and MM to sync your music/podcasts, as long as you set it up correctly (and the instructions are very plainly laid out on MM's FAQs)... I've been doing it for months w/o an issue. It's just a matter of disabling any auto-sync of music on iTunes and that's pretty much it, just set it to Manual and you're good to go.

markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:49 am

Thanks to those who replied to my question about MM and iTunes. Along time ago I'd convinced myself that the coexistence wasn't possible (despite following instructions). I have now got them running alongside each other.

I've now got the latest d_iphone.dll and can report that it's working fine. I am seeing some artwork corruption but only on certain files.

Jiri,

One question I have is about optimisation: does the synchronisation check to see if the track is aready present on the iPhone?

My benchmarking suggests that it doesn't and I think it would be a benefit to make it do the check. I did this on my ExportToItunes script and it made a big performance difference.

Cheers,
Mark
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507

ihsan125

Post by ihsan125 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 am

quick question 4 the people who got their mp3's on the iphone with this update..............can u use one of ur tracks 4 a ringtone. and can u use a certain song for a specific person in ur contact list

wdpaynter

Post by wdpaynter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:54 am

markstuartwalker

I am not exactly sure if this answers your question, but when I add a playlist to my iphone via MM that contains tracks already on an iphone playlist, it does not add them again. Though each track is shown on both playlists.

You can test this by adding a playlist of x songs, then add an identical playlist with (1) additional track (but with different playlist name). Upon adding the second playlist you should see that it only syncs (1) track but both playlists are present and correct.

Thanks
Bill P
Systems on my LAN:
Office - HP Desktop - Windows 7 - 2GB RAM - 3.5TB HDD (Music) - 10.5TB HDD (Movies)
Living Room - HP Slimline AMD Phenom 9100e Quad Core 1.8GHz Processor - Windows Vista 64bit SP2 - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD
Master Bedroom - HP Slimline AMD Athlon 64 X2 (B) 5000+ 2.6 GHz Processor - Windows 7 32bit - 2GB RAM - 500GB HDD
Garage - HP Desktop - Windows XP Pro SP3 - 512MB RAM - 500GB HDD
Laptop - HP AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 1.6 GHz Processor - Windows XP Pro SP3 - 896MB RAM - 65GB HDD
Netbook - Asus EEE Pc - Windows 7 32bit - 2GB RAM - 160GB HDD

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:40 am

Hi,

I've tested the latest dll and I have some issues with "double sync" (MM & iTunes) :
- I flush my music with iTunes (the iPod Touch is empty except for applications, video, photos).
- I plug my iPod Touch on MM : an icon appears with "iPod Touch (Hugh)" appears.
- I synchronize all the MM library : it works fine.
- I quit MM and I launch iTunes.
- I synchronize the iPod Touch : it works fine.
- I quit iTunes and I launch MM : sometimes it works (an icon appears with "iPod Touch (Hugh)"), sometimes not (an icon appears with "iPod Touch" and no music insite). After that, MM didn't recognize anymore my iPod (the one with my name between brackets).

Any idea ?

Hugh.

fabito

Post by fabito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:31 am

It worked fine for me. Great work :)

One thing I noticed is that the lyrics are not being synced. Hope you can add suport for it in the future releases.

Thanks!

fabito

Post by fabito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 am

fabito wrote:It worked fine for me. Great work :)

One thing I noticed is that the lyrics are not being synced. Hope you can add suport for it in the future releases.

Thanks!
nevermind... i just read the post saying that you included that.

one sugestion: keep a changelog with dates in your first post so we can easily find out when you release a new version.

and thanks one more time for your great work.

:)

arbee

Post by arbee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:45 am

All is working well with a 32GB Iphone 3GS with one minor issue.

When syncing all files played on the Iphone show a strange playdate in MM. The clock and date is set correctly on the Iphone but MM shows the correct day and month but the year is 1912.

Any idea what drives that ?

Otherwise great work, finally MM is back for all Iphone users.

Regards
arbee

Spindoctor

Post by Spindoctor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Followed all steps as outlined above. Sync fine with over 2000 tracks.

Only complaint is that it disabled all custom ringtones and will not re-sync ringtones with iTunes.

gvala

Post by gvala » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:11 pm

This latest version seems to work fine.
Nice job.
Thanks a lot!

Hank Handsome

Post by Hank Handsome » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Just to confirm others' postings....

Playcount is not being updated on MM (iPhone 3G), but was previously - samll issue, but would be nice - I rely on auto generation of favourite tracks :)
Also, not sure if this was previous behaviour, but audiobooks no longer keep their position after a sync. They do if you switch away from the book and come back to it between syncs, but not after. If that makes sense.

Thanks

Wargazm

Post by Wargazm » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm

are ratings being synced with the latest version of the dll?

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:07 pm

arbee wrote:All is working well with a 32GB Iphone 3GS with one minor issue.
When syncing all files played on the Iphone show a strange playdate in MM. The clock and date is set correctly on the Iphone but MM shows the correct day and month but the year is 1912.
I get funny dates in MM for the last played date/time too. The date is somewhere around August 1912... Date/Time is right on iPhone.

Using iPhone 3GS 3.0.1

Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks for the update jiri! Much love, MM is so much nicer to work with.
Hank Handsome wrote:Just to confirm others' postings....

Playcount is not being updated on MM (iPhone 3G), but was previously - samll issue, but would be nice - I rely on auto generation of favourite tracks :)
Also, not sure if this was previous behaviour, but audiobooks no longer keep their position after a sync. They do if you switch away from the book and come back to it between syncs, but not after. If that makes sense.

Thanks
Shameless plug of my own script if you use last.fm - can update playcounts in MM from the plays uploaded via Scrobbl to last.fm if you have a jailbroken iPhone / Touch (link in sig)