d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

cmx

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by cmx »

I just loaded 2-3gs', one out of the box, one a month old.
Jailbroken
MM 1256
itunes 8
8/17 d_phone.dll

Synced custom m4r ringtones, contacts, apps and pictures with itunes.

Synced 6gb playlist from MM. (took an hour....still a long time to load)

Resynced with itunes ...just to double check.

No problems at all...

One odd "loading lyrics" popup- that has not recurred.
All art fine.
Ringtones fine.
Playback fine.

I know it's annoying abbraxxa, but I just wanted to let you know it does seem to working OK here.
gvala

Post by gvala »

cmx wrote:....
This also happened to me. It appears when a song has embedded synchronised lyrics. I replaced them with unsychronised and the problem disappeared.
I don't know if the latest dll solves it.
cmx

Post by cmx »

None of my tracks contain lyrics....the iphone "hung" on the message till I activated a command.

I expected it to happen again, but it didn't...

It happened on one phone(3g) and not the other(3gs) when loading the same playlist.

It is one of those behaviors that is just too odd to try to describe clearly.
jiri

Post by jiri »

To answer some raised issues:
- album art gets corrupted after iTunes analyzed for gapless playback
That has always been the case for any iPhone/iPod, it's how iTunes work and I don't think there's any way how MM can prevent it. You must disable this feature in iTunes.
- ringtones seem to be still on the iPhone according to iTunes but aren't in the options any more
I don't see such a problem, even after MM editing the iPhone, the custom ringtones are present and can be used.
- video podcasts are shown but can't be played any more (seems like the same issue as #2)
No problem here, all videos (including podcasts) work well.
It shouldn't happen with the latest version of d_iPhone. If it does and you can find any more info, let me know.

Jiri
cmx

Post by cmx »

- album art gets corrupted after iTunes analyzed for gapless playback
That has always been the case for any iPhone/iPod, it's how iTunes work and I don't think there's any way how MM can prevent it. You must disable this feature in iTunes.
This is a really arcane subject...I cannot find any real info on this process in itunes. There is no real "switch" to turn it off.
is there anymore information available from MM on this...anything would be appreciated....

Like...
does it pertain to both mp3 and m4a,
does "part of a gapless album" need to be unchecked in itunes for it to work?
etc...

-Any detailed info would be appreciated.
-Although I am having no problems here currently...I do know the last time I synced itunes with my library it took three days(literally over 72 hours) to complete its' "analyzing for gapless playback". I would hate to go into this with so little information.
-What specific settings/changes need to be done in iTunes to "disable" it in itunes?
-How are the scrambled problems created?..So we can avoid that process.
jiri

Post by jiri »

There's a FAQ article about this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &nav=0,1,8

Jiri
Nowie

Post by Nowie »

awesome job! functionality is superb
cmx

Post by cmx »

Thanks for response Jiri.

Good simple and clear procedure to "clean" device using MM and clear direction NOT to try syncing music with both.

It addressed volume leveling in itunes. It is clear from the article that volume leveling in itunes should NOT be enabled.

Yet, it did not address the "gapless playback" issue that you mentioned in the above post. There is little clear info available Apple and the user based information available on the web is confusing and contradictory at best.

I am counting my blessings as I have no problems with my current portable device track list....yet I know the frustration when, for no apparent reason- things get scrambled.

In the past I have ultimately had to isolate problem tracks, then clear and replace the art in problem tracks...and for these tracks the itunes settings have been the same as an adjacent track that works well...

I've never set or used volume leveling in itunes or assigned any track to a "gapless album" in itunes...yet scrambling or no art on an album on an Apple device will occur occasionally. This has occurred even on new releases and additions to my library as well as old and possibly badly ripped/tagged tracks....frustrating issue.

Thanks for all the work on MM....you are the only practical choice for many of us and I appreciate your patience and loyalty to us.
rhodemi1

Post by rhodemi1 »

I have some issues with my ipod touch not being correctly recognised by MM after simply opening Itunes with it plugged in.

So I started from scratch with a restore. Synced my music with MM, which all then appears on my touch (seen from within in MM). Also Still there when i disconnect and look directly on my touch.

Closing MM and opening again seems to be no problem.

Closing MM, opening Itunes (manually manage music is ticked), then closing itunes and opening MM.....ipod Touch is shown as the device (previously it was my name) and I cannot see any of the Music on my touch via MM anymore. It is still available directly though.

I need to use Itunes to sync movies. If this feature was available in MM then I wouldn't use itunes at all.

I am not sure if this is a problem just for me or if anyone esle sees the issue. Many thanks for all the work on the new plugin!!
abraxxa

Post by abraxxa »

@Jiri: thanks for your response. Is the option mentioned in the faq the third checkbox in the playback tab? This has always been unchecked and iTunes still analyzes the tracks on the iPhone occasionally.
Maybe there is a flag that can be set to tell iTunes a track is already analyzed.

The options in the overview tab of my iPhone in iTunes are the second and third which should be called something like 'only sync checked titles and videos' and 'manage music and videos manually'.
Might the first of the two 'only sync...' options cause problems?
munkifisht

Post by munkifisht »

I am still having the issues with the audiobooks, but no one else seems to know anything about it. Audiobooks are m4b. If you have any *.m4a files you can convert them simply by renaming the extension to m4b to see this problem. If anyone can see if they are even expereincing this problem it would be sweet as it would mean that it may be something I can fix myself.

If you don't know, when an audiobook is played, it should save it's place when you stop playing the file. This is important as many audiobooks can be very long indeed, so searching for the point you were at can be a real pain in the arse. So when you are finished listening to the book and want to put on some music, you can, and then come back to the audiobook and pick up where you left off. The problem now is, while audiobooks are filed away correctly under the audiobook logo, when you go to play anything else they loose their position. At the moment I have taken to trying to remember the location before I stop listening, but it's not going so well. Anyword on this would be great.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

rhodemi1 wrote:I have some issues with my ipod touch not being correctly recognised by MM after simply opening Itunes with it plugged in.

So I started from scratch with a restore. Synced my music with MM, which all then appears on my touch (seen from within in MM). Also Still there when i disconnect and look directly on my touch.

Closing MM and opening again seems to be no problem.

Closing MM, opening Itunes (manually manage music is ticked), then closing itunes and opening MM.....ipod Touch is shown as the device (previously it was my name) and I cannot see any of the Music on my touch via MM anymore. It is still available directly though.

I need to use Itunes to sync movies. If this feature was available in MM then I wouldn't use itunes at all.

I am not sure if this is a problem just for me or if anyone esle sees the issue. Many thanks for all the work on the new plugin!!
I've got the same issue, as I explain it 2 pages before.
rhodemi1

Post by rhodemi1 »

Hugh wrote:
I've got the same issue, as I explain it 2 pages before.
mmm Yes but in between, Jiri posted a new version of the dll and I quote:

"A new version of the plug-in was just posted, it fixes the issue of incorrectly synced playback date from iPhone/Touch and also the infinite 'Loading lyrics...' message on device. No other issue reported here was reproduced, so currently it seems to be fully working without any known bugs.

Jiri"

So I thought I should re-iterate that the problem is still there.
Johnny_Sokko

Post by Johnny_Sokko »

FYI. I got the hung sync issue with the latest plugin from this thread and could not sync any music. I used iFunBox to navigate to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes on my iPhone and copied the iTunseDB file to my PC in case i needed to restore it later. I then deleted the iTunesDB file from the iPhone. Next I added and removed a song via iTunes. After that it created a fresh database file and I was able to sync with MM.
captain_flymo

Post by captain_flymo »

Hi all

I've just bought a spanky new 3Gs and it has nothing on it - no music or podcasts or anything else. I added the latest plugin dll but I get told it can only read my phone, not write to it. I upgraded to firmware 3.0.1 as soon as I got it. What am I missing here? This is my first iPod/iPhone/iAnythingElse so I ahve no experience with synching this thing at all.

Cheers for any pointers :)