d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

linus2003

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by linus2003 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi

works fine so far for Ipod touch / 2 generation with manual update from OS 2.0 to 3.0.

Small problem: after copy of new d_iphone.dll right now I have 2 Ipod devices in MM.
First one semms to be the old one because the same error message pops up.
synchronizing with the second entry work fine.

How can I delete / unmapp the old one?

Thanks for the update and regards from Germany

Mario

SeanDileny

Post by SeanDileny » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:03 pm

i have an iphone 3gs 16gb and 3.0 software.
works fine for me, thanks a lot so!

question:
is it normal that when i rate a song and sync again, the rating is not transferred to mediamonkey?

normally it does (with my ipod)

edit:
how are your experiences with videos?

i just connected my iphone again and started itunes which i use for syncing videos. all vids are synced again. it seems as if they were all deleted?!?

wendrila

Post by wendrila » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:14 am

if i had a brand new never opened iphone that i bought without a contract and it says no sim installed can i put in an old cingular sim card that used to be activated but now isnt will i be able to get to the iphone home screen and be able to use the ipod and wifi but not the phone function.
Last edited by wendrila on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 am

wendrila wrote:if i had a brand new never opened iphone that i bought without a contract and it says no sim installed can i put in an old cingular sim card that used to be activated but now isnt will i be able to get to the iphone home screen and be able to use the ipod and wifi but not the phone function.
Only if you unlock it. Don't see what that has to do with MediaMonkey though.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

cmx

Post by cmx » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14 am

My 3g's and 3gs' will work for music, browser, etc with no sim card installed. They were originally activated for ATT by normal means via itunes.

I use old 2g phones for players with no sim cards.

All the phones had been activated with ATT at one time...but I don't see why you couldn't use the other non phone functions as long as itunes has it registered. Give it a shot at the store....if it doesn't work easily there return it on the spot.

...or just get a touch.

Newmikeman

Post by Newmikeman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks Jiri, works like a dream. Renamed the original .dll, restarted MM, found Ipod, synched...life is good!
Mike

andig

Post by andig » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 am

The cover art corruption problem still exists- is there any chance addressing this?

Sterke-Jerke

Post by Sterke-Jerke » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:08 pm

I've tried this new dll on various PC's (1 with Vista,1 with XP installed for years, 1 with XP and a fresh install)

But unforunalty it does not do the trick!

If I hit the sync button, a short sync shows up on my iphone 3gs (32gb) 3.01 and nothing gets synced. (I can delete the files synced with itunes though).

Any idea's?

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Sterke-Jerke wrote:I've tried this new dll on various PC's (1 with Vista,1 with XP installed for years, 1 with XP and a fresh install)

But unforunalty it does not do the trick!

If I hit the sync button, a short sync shows up on my iphone 3gs (32gb) 3.01 and nothing gets synced. (I can delete the files synced with itunes though).

Any idea's?
Have you selected any files to sync from the device profile in the auto-sync options?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Jon Szanto

Post by Jon Szanto » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks so much. I had just finished two things in the last couple of days: getting a Touch, and upgrading MM to Gold. I thought all was heaven, and then I upgraded the firmware to 3.0 on the Touch.

Um, yeah, I wasn't happy. But the first thing I did was register on this forum, and look for some info. So far I've installed the new dll and successfully sync'd one new CD, but it looks like I cut the amount of time I was going to be pulling my hair out to, effectively, none.

MM is a really wonderful product. I'm glad I upped to Gold, if for no other reason than to support your efforts.

Regards,
Jon

Jon Szanto

Post by Jon Szanto » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Aargh... hate to have a follow-up like this, but...

After one successful sync of some music, MM did not see the Touch when connected (tried powering the iPod on/off, connecting/disconnecting). Through a few different reboots, I was able to get MM to see the Touch connected one other time, and also successfully ripped and transferred some music, but after that, once again, it isn't being seen by MM.

What should I try next? If I do a clean reinstall of MM, are there any settings I will lose? I'm on XP, so is it necessary to remove the software through Control Panel, etc, and then do the install (i.e. clean)?

Thanks. When it is working, it is really great. I'd like to get back to that!

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:53 pm

nohitter151 wrote: Have you selected any files to sync from the device profile in the auto-sync options?
I tried that: It started a small sync. (1 album) And when I tried it again, no go.

Now still no go

markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Does anyone suffer from reliability problems? Generally the sync works reliably and does what it is supposed to do.

But, once in a while (maybe 1 in 5) after syncing the iPod function on the phone (when selected) simply goes right back to the springboard. A quick re-sync (adding nothing) and then it works properly.

I have a vague suspicion that it gets worse with more tracks (I store about 2100) and more incremental sync steps (I may only change 200 tracks each time). I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G 3.0. Windows 7. iTunes 8.2. MM 1261+dll.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507

kjegou

Post by kjegou » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:22 pm

The funny thing here is that by the time the development team produces a MM version fo the 3.0..the 3.1 firmware is about to be released.

I guess you have heard Mr Jobs's keynotes saying that as of today a new version of Ipod touch /iphone and iTunes is released.

Hopefully this iphone.dll produced by Jiri will be compatible wi 3.1...but someone needs to sacrifice himself here and make a test...

zwerver7694

Post by zwerver7694 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:28 pm

thank you for the pluging. only muziek playing from iphone on mm is not working :D