iTunes 9.0 Compatibility

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Zieg

Re: iTunes 9.0 Compatibility

Post by Zieg »

Music admin wrote:whats the deal with media monkey not playing m4a files... i am in a bit of a pickle.. i have updated the quicktime as it asked but still nothing
I had this issue until today and found that if you remove all Dll's with m4a in them, then restart, MM plays m4a files just fine. I just updated to iTunes 9.0 plus Quicktime, using MM 3.1.2.1267 (Beta 2)
Benny

Post by Benny »

I changed d_iphone.dll to d_iphone.dll.off as mentioned above, now my MM works again.
Here is where I had problems:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 80#p224880

But it really sucks that you have to be a "detective" and a "hacker" to make MM work for you ...
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

Benny wrote:But it really sucks that you have to be a "detective" and a "hacker" to make MM work for you ...
I'll get shot for saying this... :-)

If you don't want to be a detective and/or a hacker, then stay with iTunes...
imho, I think these attributes come with the territory when you are dealing with a 3rd party product (MM) working with Apple's products (iPhone/iTunes).
MissMyPalm

Post by MissMyPalm »

nohitter151 wrote:
MissMyPalm wrote:I tried to copy songs to my Creative Zen as well. Still cannot copy songs. It gets hung up "Preparing list of tracks." I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit.
These portable devices you're mentioning are not affected at all by the presence of iTunes. You should open a new post in the device synchronization forum, as they are not related to this thread.
Of course this is related to this thread. I had no trouble adding songs to these devices from MediaMonkey until I upgraded to iTunes 9.
Friendly Neighbourhood MM User

Post by Friendly Neighbourhood MM User »

I just thought I'd mention that if you don't need iTunes or Quicktime, anyone can download the 7.2 version of Quicktime which solved all of my problems. ( Uninstalled the newest one and I downloaded and installed the older version of Quicktime, the link is below.)

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL235
Impulse

Post by Impulse »

If you have a recent backup, restoring shouldn't affect anything but the content on teh device (apps/settings should all be there), and you should have deleted that content previous to attempting a sync w/the new MM beta anyway (see my previous posts in this thread).
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

Can I, or should I, upgrade to iTunes 9 yet?
I have an iPhone 3GS 3.0.1 and would NOT be upgrading the firmware, just iTunes.
btw, I have 1271.
Impulse

Post by Impulse »

You should be fine.
D1N0

Post by D1N0 »

rusty wrote:Just a quick note that MediaMonkey 3.1.1 is _not_ compatible with the newly-released iTunes 9.0 or the iPhone/iPod 3.1 firmware that comes with it. Installing the new version of iTunes can cause MediaMonkey to be unable to start.

We recommend not installing iTunes 9 or the new firmware while we investigate the issue. If you've already installed it, see the information below!

-Rusty

Edit: check out the beta forum for MM 3.1.2 builds. iTunes 9.0 compatibility is now fixed. See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p221799

Edit 2: as of build 3.1.2.1267, synching to the iPhone 3.1 firware is supported.

Edit 3: If you prefer not to use a beta version of MM, and iPhone/touch sync is not important for you, you can avoid this problem by deleting the iPhone plugin (d_iPhone.dll) at C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins
Simple fix for this is that if the app crashes, kill the mediamonkey audio library process through task manager. Once that is done go into c:\program files\mediamonkey\plugins and delete the d_iPhone.dll

No sync with iPhone, but hey they just sms messaging too, my bag phone even had that, oh wait that was 1985
andrewhall

Post by andrewhall »

Hai.........
again you update your iTune9.0 with newer version or either you check that while installing any mistake made or not.
jplowman

Post by jplowman »

Owyn wrote:Ditto to above problems.
I installed just the QT7.6.4 update, i.e. without iTunes.

Resolved problem by installing old QT7.5.5 installer that I had in my archives. QT7.6.2 should be ok as well but I did not have it available.

Note QT7.6.4 has to be removed before older version of installer can be used.
QT 7.6.2 is available here: http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php

Installed QT 7.6.4 today and it broke .m4a playback in MM. I uninstalled and installed 7.6.2 instead, and it was fixed. (I don't have iTunes, iPhone, etc)
miltonvw

Post by miltonvw »

had the same errors as mentioned. fixed with the beta install.

gg apple.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

jplowman wrote:
Owyn wrote:Ditto to above problems.
I installed just the QT7.6.4 update, i.e. without iTunes.

Resolved problem by installing old QT7.5.5 installer that I had in my archives. QT7.6.2 should be ok as well but I did not have it available.

Note QT7.6.4 has to be removed before older version of installer can be used.
QT 7.6.2 is available here: http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php

Installed QT 7.6.4 today and it broke .m4a playback in MM. I uninstalled and installed 7.6.2 instead, and it was fixed. (I don't have iTunes, iPhone, etc)
Thanks for the link. QT7.6.2 is the latest release that works with non-beta versions of MM.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
apaapa

Post by apaapa »

rusty wrote:Just a quick note that MediaMonkey 3.1.1 is _not_ compatible with the newly-released iTunes 9.0 or the iPhone/iPod 3.1 firmware that comes with it. Installing the new version of iTunes can cause MediaMonkey to be unable to start.

We recommend not installing iTunes 9 or the new firmware while we investigate the issue. If you've already installed it, see the information below!

-Rusty

Edit: check out the beta forum for MM 3.1.2 builds. iTunes 9.0 compatibility is now fixed. See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 45#p221799

Edit 2: as of build 3.1.2.1267, synching to the iPhone 3.1 firware is supported.

Edit 3: If you prefer not to use a beta version of MM, and iPhone/touch sync is not important for you, you can avoid this problem by deleting the iPhone plugin (d_iPhone.dll) at C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins
apapapa

Post by apapapa »

can I use mediamonkey even if I have the newest ipod? (with videocamera and stuff) I hate iTunes so I woud really need a answer.