1279 RC1 - Aero Peek

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Goodog

1279 RC1 - Aero Peek

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

I thought I should report this as it seems to have been solved in a lot of cases. I'm using 1279 and my aero peek still isn't working properly. When I first load up MM, aero peek shows the last song selected complete with the album artwork as you would expect but, if I start to play songs, even the last selected song, aero peek just shows the blue 'busy' circle and the transport controls don't work, it's like it never finds the artwork or indeed the song it's looking for. The jumplist doesn't do what I would expect either, if I select a song from the jumplist, it attempts to open another MM session and this new session subsequently crashes locking up both open sessions..... Obviously this is not working correctly for me but from reading over some of the posts relating to this, you seem to have solved it for a lot of people.

Apologies in advance if there was a fix posted and I missed it.....

Any help that you can provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Goodog
Peke

Re: 1279 RC1 - Aero Peek

Post by Peke »

Try with 1280 I have not observed That Behavior.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

I'm now using 1280 but still no difference, if I knew to post images I could show you....

Best Regards

Goodog
rusty

Post by rusty »

Goodog,

Can you reboot your machine and then retest this? I'm wondering if an old MM process is lurking in the background...

Let us know.

Thx.

-Rusty

p.s. I have observed on the rare occasion, a failure to load the aeropeek window, however, the issue usually resolved after trying another track (I can't reproduce the problem).
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

I've done a reboot with the same results.... Funny enough, the only button that works in aero peek is the close window red x, aside from that, just the same as before...... very frustrating!! Any ideas? I also tried another track but it was also the same.....

Best Regards

Goodog
rusty

Post by rusty »

Goodog,

A few changes were made to aeropeek for the next build (1282) that will hopefully resolve this--let us know:

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6038

Thanks.

-Rusty
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

Using 1282 now but still no difference (see image attached...) Any ideas?

Best Regards

Goodog

Edit: Fixed image tags

Post by Guest »

rusty wrote:Goodog,

A few changes were made to aeropeek for the next build (1282) that will hopefully resolve this--let us know:

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6038

Thanks.

-Rusty

Actually nohitter, it said 1282........
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

The last reply was actually me, I hadn't logged in.... D'oh!!!

I'd just like to say that this isn't a showstopper for me, I just wanted to let you know that it doesn't work....for me at least

Best Regards

Goodog
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote: Actually nohitter, it said 1282........
??

I don't even have a post in this thread until now.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Yeah

I had posted in another thread that was similar to this but had been started by someone else and you answered my post by saying this issue was fixed in 1283 according to the log and I would just have to wait until it was released....I was simply pointing out that I had been told that it was fixed in 1282.... it wasn't....
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Goodog wrote:I had posted in another thread that was similar to this but had been started by someone else and you answered my post by saying this issue was fixed in 1283 according to the log and I would just have to wait until it was released....I was simply pointing out that I had been told that it was fixed in 1282.... it wasn't....
Ok, sorry, I see quite a few posts every day so it can be confusing if you reply to me in a post where I have not even posted before.

Anyway, I suppose you are talking about this post:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 01#p230040

But as you can see from the link I've posted there it indeed does say "Fixed in build 1283". I think in the future it would be less confusing to list your reply in that thread rather than a different one.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Nohitter

Yes, apologies for that, my bad.

Best Regards

Goodog
rusty

Post by rusty »

Gooddog,

Let us know if build 1283 does the trick. More changes were made in that build re. Aeropeek ;-)

-Rusty
NewRaven

Post by NewRaven »

I maybe can add some kind of informations on this:

I had Media Monkey configured always to run as adminitrator per compatibility setting on MediaMonkey.exe to be able to install extensions (thats a thing you guys also need to fix quick, btw. ;) ). While configured this way I also didn't get Aero Peek to work. There were no cover arts (only the "loading" symbol) and the player controls did show, but didn't do anything. After setting this back to run with normal user rights Aero Peek worked fine... but sadly only with skinned Mode... the unskinned player doesn't work under 7 Ultimate (64) at all (doesn't care if startet with the unskinned-exe or disable skins at the option menu) if he had no administrator privileges. After hanging for nearly 20 seconds, media monkey starts without player (and the error message: "Error durring player initalization"). If you try to enable the player manually under "view" and then try to use it after that, you'll get a access violation. If you run the non-skinned-version as admin: works fine... but by running as admin, Aero peek don't work, like in skinned version also. What a mess ;) But to come back to the point: Maybe the thread starter runs MediaMonkey also in Administrator-Mode? :)

Edit: Need to correct myself. While in both versions aero peek don't work with admin rights compatibility setting, you CAN however get the non skinned version to work in non-admin-mode. You just have to deactivate the "Media Monkey Player" toolbar in your taskbar if you used it before with the skinned version. At least, this works sometimes... hmpf... wtf...