MM4 - Focus tracklist on currently playing item

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

etheriau

MM4 - Focus tracklist on currently playing item

Post by etheriau »

This should be an option rather than a hotkey. Other option would be to show the Album Art in the playlist like Foobar and iTunes.
thx
nohitter151

Re: MM4 - Focus tracklist on currently playing item

Post by nohitter151 »

What do you mean "Option"? Certainly there already is the "option", with the hotkey. (I guess you're talking about a toolbar button of some kind? I already reported that: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5329 )
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

I mean it should automatically follow the tracks currently playing without having to hit the hotkey to get there.
Timo_Beil

Post by Timo_Beil »

Sorry, but this feature has to bee optional.
It will be very confusing when MM "steals" the focus of an selected track in the track list, when a new track starts in NowPlaying.
MM 2024.0.0.3005-port-DE, Win 11 pro, I7-6700, 16GB RAM, DB & Media>TrueNAS
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

etheriau wrote:I mean it should automatically follow the tracks currently playing without having to hit the hotkey to get there.
I'm fairly certain this is already implemented for now playing.

etheriau

Post by etheriau »

I agree with you Timo_beil. Should be able to toggle it on or off.

And yes nohitter the playlist view does it well. If the playlist view would allow for album art then there would be no real need for this.

I don't like it when I find it easier to use itunes to cleanup my songs!!! (in this case embedding missing album art)

And if there's actually a way to focus automatically with the track list I'd like to know how.

thx
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

etheriau wrote:I agree with you Timo_beil. Should be able to toggle it on or off.

And yes nohitter the playlist view does it well. If the playlist view would allow for album art then there would be no real need for this.

I don't like it when I find it easier to use itunes to cleanup my songs!!! (in this case embedding missing album art)

And if there's actually a way to focus automatically with the track list I'd like to know how.

thx
You can show art in now playing, use the Album art with details view.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

etheriau wrote:if there's actually a way to focus automatically with the track list I'd like to know how.
The Find Currently Playing Track add-on could be used to automatically give focus to the currently playing track in the track list. It has the toolbar button which could be used to toggle that functionality.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

I just installed this and it does EXACTLY what I was looking for. GREAT add-on thanks!!!