1369 Art out of sync

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

buskbolurven

1369 Art out of sync

Post by buskbolurven »

I have some albums where I want different art for each song. However, something is very, very wrong with the synchronization: When I try to add new art in to a single song, both the old art as well as the new art disappears and all left is the default note picture. This happens about half of the times. It also seems that the program have problems with finding right picture when toggling around between the songs.

For reproducing the error: Albums with different art for each song, embed the pictures in the music files. I use .ogg, .mp3 and .mp4 files and have not seen any difference. The error both appears when adding pictures in "art and details", tab selected, and when right clicking on a track, selecting properties, tab artwork, and I think it happens when rearranging the order of the pictures.
Lowlander

Re: 1369 Art out of sync

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Apply to all files on Album/Series selected? Sending a debug log to support might be helpful: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Anamon

Post by Anamon »

This could be related to the gobbled-up artwork bug I posted a week ago. I think the default album cover appears instead of the correct one(s) because sometimes, MM messes up the picture files when writing them to the tags.
buskbolurven

Post by buskbolurven »

A debug log created:

ticket SOC-517772
buskbolurven

Post by buskbolurven »

I got an email from support about this bug, where the development team inquired more information. I think many bugs are fixed, but one is not fixed, and it still occurs in 1393:

1. Use tab "selected" on art & details.
2. Play a song (I use .mp3 and .ogg) which consists art.
3. set focus on the song played.
4. Paste in some new art to the song played, I save them in to the tag.
5. Edit artwork properties: change order of the art, click Ok,
6. Change focus to another track and change back to the actual track. Now the old art as well as the new art are gone. The only thing you will see is a note sign - the default one which is viewed when there are no art.
7. When edit artworks all the art are gone and replaced with the note sign.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed repro steps and debug log. Unfortunately, we still can't reproduce this and the debug log doesn't tell us anything useful.

Are you still able to reproduce this in 1393? If yes, would you mind posting a video using Jing (or something similar)? I'm hoping that'll reveal something about the repro steps that I'm not getting.

Thanks.

-Rusty
buskbolurven

Post by buskbolurven »

rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks. I can't replicate this exactly, but there seem to be a couple of Album Art regressions that may be the root of this. Looking into it at: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8005

-Rusty