Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Ba

Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by Ba »

Whenever I update a file to add music lyrics only half of the copied and pasted lyrics appears in the field. It paste with no problem but once i close out the dialog box and reopen it around everything from the 6-7th line disappears. Its not really lyrics but more like a numbered tracklist of a mix.

For the album art, I can select a pic, choose the description and apply or close it out. But when I reopen the dialog box for the same file I get a BLANK frame w/o the description. I have to remove it and then re-add. It makes no difference whether or not I am playing the file or not. This posed no problem in MM 3.

MM 4 build 1394
Win7 x64. All browsers installed (IE, Opera, Safari, Chrome, Firefox).
AMD 965 BE 3.4GHz;
Gigabyte GA 890FX UD5;
8 GB Ram;
rusty

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working

Post by rusty »

Thanks. We're looking into this. See:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8005

-Rusty
Stigg

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by Stigg »

Ba wrote:Whenever I update a file to add music lyrics only half of the copied and pasted lyrics appears in the field. It paste with no problem but once i close out the dialog box and reopen it around everything from the 6-7th line disappears.
Yeah, the truncated lyrics problem has been around for awhile, and was also in MM3 at one stage.
From what I can tell, it appears to happen when you tag album art with more than 1 artwork. Single artwork doesn't seem to affect it.

I work around the problem by adding the lyrics last, but unfortunately, there are going to be some disappointed users when they discover that their lyrics have been truncated.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anyone needing to identify if this happened to their lyrics, here's a magicnode to identify with:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... cs#p195523
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

This issue should have been resolved in MM3:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5377

I tried to replicate in build 1395 with several MP3 files (Add AA, then Lyrics, then second AA OR add lyrics then 2xAA), but can't.

Any tips re. how to replicate?

Thanks.

-Rusty
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Rusty.
This issue is fixed in MM3. However, it has reappeared in MM4.
All I have to do is add multiple album art, and my lyrics get truncated.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

nohitter151 wrote:Anyone needing to identify if this happened to their lyrics, here's a magicnode to identify with:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... cs#p195523
Thanks. I installed that Magic Node and yes I do have some files with messed up lyrics.

They don't all have multiple album art but I think they might have had at some stage but I've now deleted all but one. But most do have multiple album art.

I think they are all tracks that I've edited in MM4.

By the way, I've had a similar thing with comments getting truncated. It just happened again but I've no idea how to replicate it. I've a feeling it's connected with putting (multiple?) album art in the tag, though. One of the tracks that has messed up lyrics also has a truncated comment. FWIW, the comment now has 199 characters including spaces - and it ends, like the messed up lyrics, with "..."
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

MM3 monkey wrote:By the way, I've had a similar thing with comments getting truncated. It just happened again but I've no idea how to replicate it. I've a feeling it's connected with putting (multiple?) album art in the tag, though. One of the tracks that has messed up lyrics also has a truncated comment. FWIW, the comment now has 199 characters including spaces - and it ends, like the messed up lyrics, with "..."
Yes, I think comments may get messed up also. Although, most of my comments are brief, so my tracks are not usually affected, but I think some with longer comments have been.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Can someone [somemany?], check out this Magic Node please:

Code: Select all

Comments messed up|Filter:Length(Songs.Comment) = 203 AND <Comment> Like '%...'\<Album artist>\<Album>
Or 202 or 204 etc.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

MM3 monkey wrote:Can someone [somemany?], check out this Magic Node please:

Comments messed up|Filter:Length(Songs.Comment) = 203 AND <Comment> Like '%...'\<Album artist>\<Album>
Or 202 or 204 etc.
I tried it but I do not get any results on either value.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

nynaevelan wrote:
MM3 monkey wrote:Can someone [somemany?], check out this Magic Node please:

Or 202 or 204 etc.
I tried it but I do not get any results on either value.
Thanks. I have a few comments that are truncated to 203 characters and a few lyrics truncated to 203 characters.
rusty wrote:Hi,

This issue should have been resolved in MM3:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5377

I tried to replicate in build 1395 with several MP3 files (Add AA, then Lyrics, then second AA OR add lyrics then 2xAA), but can't.

Any tips re. how to replicate?

Thanks.

-Rusty
It did happen in MM4 right in front of my eyes. I'm sorry I can't remember the circumstances properly but I was lucky...

I had a concert that had come listed as "... CD1" and "... CD2". I put a huge comment into both albums. Then I renamed the two albums to be one album, this time using the disc number to identify each CD. I then deleted the linked art from the tag and re-added it so the art was embedded in the tag. I'm not sure about the order of all this but at some point I must have been doing the album art on only CD1. I then noticed that the huge comment had been truncated. Luckily, as I say, I had the comment still in CD2 to I just pasted it over from there.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I still can't replicated truncated comments/lyrics.

If you can reproduce, please let me know how, or share the track with which it's reproducible.

Thanks.

-Rusty
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

I am still getting my lyrics truncated with v4.0.0.1407.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rusty wrote: If you can reproduce, please let me know how, or share the track with which it's reproducible.

Thanks.

-Rusty
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Or let me know if it's not file-specific (i.e. does it consistently reccur for a file that has the bug).

-Rusty