Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Ba

Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by Ba » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 am

Whenever I update a file to add music lyrics only half of the copied and pasted lyrics appears in the field. It paste with no problem but once i close out the dialog box and reopen it around everything from the 6-7th line disappears. Its not really lyrics but more like a numbered tracklist of a mix.

For the album art, I can select a pic, choose the description and apply or close it out. But when I reopen the dialog box for the same file I get a BLANK frame w/o the description. I have to remove it and then re-add. It makes no difference whether or not I am playing the file or not. This posed no problem in MM 3.

MM 4 build 1394
Win7 x64. All browsers installed (IE, Opera, Safari, Chrome, Firefox).
AMD 965 BE 3.4GHz;
Gigabyte GA 890FX UD5;
8 GB Ram;

rusty
Posts: 7221
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working

Post by rusty » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks. We're looking into this. See:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8005

-Rusty

Stigg
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by Stigg » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Ba wrote:Whenever I update a file to add music lyrics only half of the copied and pasted lyrics appears in the field. It paste with no problem but once i close out the dialog box and reopen it around everything from the 6-7th line disappears.
Yeah, the truncated lyrics problem has been around for awhile, and was also in MM3 at one stage.
From what I can tell, it appears to happen when you tag album art with more than 1 artwork. Single artwork doesn't seem to affect it.

I work around the problem by adding the lyrics last, but unfortunately, there are going to be some disappointed users when they discover that their lyrics have been truncated.

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

Anyone needing to identify if this happened to their lyrics, here's a magicnode to identify with:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... cs#p195523
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

rusty
Posts: 7221
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by rusty » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi,

This issue should have been resolved in MM3:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5377

I tried to replicate in build 1395 with several MP3 files (Add AA, then Lyrics, then second AA OR add lyrics then 2xAA), but can't.

Any tips re. how to replicate?

Thanks.

-Rusty

Stigg
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by Stigg » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Rusty.
This issue is fixed in MM3. However, it has reappeared in MM4.
All I have to do is add multiple album art, and my lyrics get truncated.

MM3 monkey
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:34 am

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by MM3 monkey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:52 am

nohitter151 wrote:Anyone needing to identify if this happened to their lyrics, here's a magicnode to identify with:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... cs#p195523
Thanks. I installed that Magic Node and yes I do have some files with messed up lyrics.

They don't all have multiple album art but I think they might have had at some stage but I've now deleted all but one. But most do have multiple album art.

I think they are all tracks that I've edited in MM4.

By the way, I've had a similar thing with comments getting truncated. It just happened again but I've no idea how to replicate it. I've a feeling it's connected with putting (multiple?) album art in the tag, though. One of the tracks that has messed up lyrics also has a truncated comment. FWIW, the comment now has 199 characters including spaces - and it ends, like the messed up lyrics, with "..."

Stigg
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by Stigg » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:13 pm

MM3 monkey wrote:By the way, I've had a similar thing with comments getting truncated. It just happened again but I've no idea how to replicate it. I've a feeling it's connected with putting (multiple?) album art in the tag, though. One of the tracks that has messed up lyrics also has a truncated comment. FWIW, the comment now has 199 characters including spaces - and it ends, like the messed up lyrics, with "..."
Yes, I think comments may get messed up also. Although, most of my comments are brief, so my tracks are not usually affected, but I think some with longer comments have been.

MM3 monkey
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:34 am

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by MM3 monkey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:58 pm

Can someone [somemany?], check out this Magic Node please:

Code: Select all

Comments messed up|Filter:Length(Songs.Comment) = 203 AND <Comment> Like '%...'\<Album artist>\<Album>
Or 202 or 204 etc.

nynaevelan
Posts: 5559
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by nynaevelan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 pm

MM3 monkey wrote:Can someone [somemany?], check out this Magic Node please:

Code: Select all

Comments messed up|Filter:Length(Songs.Comment) = 203 AND <Comment> Like '%...'\<Album artist>\<Album>
Or 202 or 204 etc.
I tried it but I do not get any results on either value.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

MM3 monkey
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:34 am

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by MM3 monkey » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:49 am

nynaevelan wrote:
MM3 monkey wrote:Can someone [somemany?], check out this Magic Node please:

Code: Select all

Comments messed up|Filter:Length(Songs.Comment) = 203 AND <Comment> Like '%...'\<Album artist>\<Album>
Or 202 or 204 etc.
I tried it but I do not get any results on either value.
Thanks. I have a few comments that are truncated to 203 characters and a few lyrics truncated to 203 characters.
rusty wrote:Hi,

This issue should have been resolved in MM3:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5377

I tried to replicate in build 1395 with several MP3 files (Add AA, then Lyrics, then second AA OR add lyrics then 2xAA), but can't.

Any tips re. how to replicate?

Thanks.

-Rusty
It did happen in MM4 right in front of my eyes. I'm sorry I can't remember the circumstances properly but I was lucky...

I had a concert that had come listed as "... CD1" and "... CD2". I put a huge comment into both albums. Then I renamed the two albums to be one album, this time using the disc number to identify each CD. I then deleted the linked art from the tag and re-added it so the art was embedded in the tag. I'm not sure about the order of all this but at some point I must have been doing the album art on only CD1. I then noticed that the huge comment had been truncated. Luckily, as I say, I had the comment still in CD2 to I just pasted it over from there.

rusty
Posts: 7221
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by rusty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:41 pm

I still can't replicated truncated comments/lyrics.

If you can reproduce, please let me know how, or share the track with which it's reproducible.

Thanks.

-Rusty

Stigg
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by Stigg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:52 am

I am still getting my lyrics truncated with v4.0.0.1407.

Image

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 am

rusty wrote: If you can reproduce, please let me know how, or share the track with which it's reproducible.

Thanks.

-Rusty
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

rusty
Posts: 7221
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Album Art & Lyrics Tags Not Working [#8005]

Post by rusty » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Or let me know if it's not file-specific (i.e. does it consistently reccur for a file that has the bug).

-Rusty

Post Reply