[1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jiri
Posts: 5395
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by jiri » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Well, these files shouldn't cause that the entire iPod is unusable. However, together with the fact that you shouldn't run iTunes simultaneously, you should be safe after deleting these files. Send a debug log in case of further problems...

Jiri

rusty
Posts: 7250
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by rusty » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:58 pm

fyi, I tested a sync operation using those files (among others), and MM synced all the files except for the DRMed files (it generated an error indicating that the DRMed files couldn't be synced/converted). So that explains part of the problem--but I was unable to replicate the corruption you experienced--perhaps that's related to iTunes running at the same time.

-Rusty

lrankine
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 am

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by lrankine » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Tried it again without iTunes running and got the same result this afternoon. After the sync several of my playlists were not complete. meaning songs included on the playlists in MM did not make it over to the Touch. And most songs didn't play......they would act like they were playing....you could watch the time counter work, etc. but no sound. I've deleted all those WMA files and am rebuilding my entire library with MM. Once that's completed I will restore my touch with iTunes and try again. And just to be clear ....my iTouch doesn't lock up. Other things work fine on it. This only affects my music and playback.

rusty
Posts: 7250
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by rusty » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Larry,

Re the tracks that don't play even though they appear to be on the iPod:
1) If you try to play those tracks from the iPod, from within MediaMonkey, do they play?
2) Are those tracks undergoing auto-conversion when synced?
3) Could it be that the volume leveling coefficients are off (what values appear)? or perhaps something with the auto-conversion settings?

If this continues even with tracks that can sync, it might be worth generating another debug log and before/after db copies...

Thanks.

-Rusty

p.s. when I sync even with iTunes running and even with the DRM tracks, everything works correctly :-(

lrankine
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 am

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by lrankine » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I can play tracks on the itouch through MM however after a sync the playlists do not match up. (i.e. only 2 songs out of 21 on a playlist make it to the touch).
Tried it with auto conversion on and off. Tracks and artwork don't match up. Seemed like the m4a files would give me trouble with playback on the touch so set up conversion to take place when synching. This changed things even further on the touch.......even less tracks showed up on a given playlist.
Not sure where to look for volume leveling coefficients.....auto conversion settings were set to convert m4a (any kbps) to MP3 average quality 128kbps.

Will email the log and before/after itouch files.

lrankine
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 am

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by lrankine » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:37 am

Emailed link to latest debug, before and after iTouch files. Here's an interesting tidbit.........went to my other PC running 1420 and the music sync'd up fine......album artwork was screwed up but the songs played just fine.

lrankine
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 am

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by lrankine » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:57 am

Uninstalled MM and did a clean installation. Things seem to be working fine now! Thanks to Rusty and Jiri for their help in resolving this!

Larry

lrankine
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 am

Re: [1431] MediaMonkey locks up & corrupts my iPod [#8374]

Post by lrankine » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 am

Also forgot to mention that the annoying little pop-up I was getting about a DB access violation when closing MM has gone away too! Can't believe I didn't think to try a clean installation of MM...........thanks again to Rusty for suggesting this! :D

Post Reply