[1450] Cannot create file \Portable\MediaMonkey.registry

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

toof4st

[1450] Cannot create file \Portable\MediaMonkey.registry

Post by toof4st »

Running 1450 in Portable mode, I am randomly getting this error, quite frequently (for different songs)

[Window Title]
9. Manic Street Preachers - From Despair To Where - MediaMonkey
[Content]
Cannot create file "Z:\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey4\Portable\MediaMonkey.registry". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
[OK]

I left the whole album playing from track 1 and this occurred while track 9 was playing.

After closing MM4, I was able to rename the file, so it wasn't locked by another process.

I am running Win7 x64.

Thanks
rusty

Re: [1450] Cannot create file \Portable\MediaMonkey.registry

Post by rusty »

Hi toof4ast,

I'm testing MM for hours on end and have never seen this. Would you mind installing build 1452 and sending a debug log?

Also, please check in the Task Manager that only 1 MediaMonkey process is active.

Thanks.

-Rusty
toof4st

Post by toof4st »

I have installed 1452. I will see if it happens. It has only started happening with the latest build. I was on 1438 before that.

There was only one MM process running. It doesn't crash MM, nor stop the song playing. The message is just for information.

I guess it will only happen with a portable install, but I assume you have tested that.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yeah--we're doing a lot of testing in portable mode.

If you can replicate this, I'd much appreciate a debug log. We're getting close to the next RC, and I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks.

-Rusty
daryan

Post by daryan »

I have just seen the exact same issue. I am also running Win 7 x64. No music was playing (I had only just started the app and it had begun the startup scan. I will send a debug log if I see the issue again
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

It would be valuable to find what process access the registry file. The file should be accessed exclusivelly by MediaMonkey. Do you run more than one MM instance at once?
daryan

Post by daryan »

Ludek wrote:It would be valuable to find what process access the registry file. The file should be accessed exclusivelly by MediaMonkey. Do you run more than one MM instance at once?
Hi Ludek, I agree. I was only running one instance of the software so that isn't the culprit. With it being a non-standard file type it is unlikely to be used by antything other than MM. Multithreading???

D
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

Virus scanning?
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Automatic backup software?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

You should be able to easily find this by using Process Explorer ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896653 ).
When the error appears, run Process Explorer and select Menu->Find->Find handle or DLL...
Type MediaMonkey.registry and you will see which process takes it.
Useruse

Post by Useruse »

I also get this problem. I also use win 7 -64. There is also not more than one instance of Mediamonkey running (only one Mediamonkey program running at a time). I followed the Process Explorer instructions, but the program didn't find any result. I use MediaMonkey version 4.1.1.1703 (Portable Mode). One don't alwayes get the error only some days. Restarting computer helps. Let me know if there's anymore info I can give.

Post by Guest »

Ps. the music files are on the same portable drive as the program. - Don't know if this info makes a difference.