Page 1 of 2

Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 am
by bp011ysp
Since build 1623, the play counter and Last Played is no longer set when played through UPNP.
In the options "Update Play Counter" is turned on.

With build 1622, it works fine.

Re: #1623: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 pm
by Lowlander
This seems to be the case for me too.

Re: #1623: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:12 pm
by Ludek
Thank you.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10454 was not properly fixed in 1623, fixed in 1624

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 pm
by Lowlander
Works again for me on 1624.

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 pm
by bp011ysp
Yes it works in 1624. Thanks.

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:10 am
by hintergrundrauschen
Running 1683, it doesn't seem to work for me. Would you mind checking this?

Playing through UPnP on the remote device the play counter will not update (i.e. the remote device being control point and renderer, e.g. MMA). Same for using MMW to play to a remote device (i.e. the remote device being renderer only, like my Wireless UPnP radio box).

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:31 am
by dtsig
I just tried this using MMA 204 and MWW 1681 and Last Played appears to update for me. I might try another device later ..

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:43 am
by hintergrundrauschen
Hmmm... Is there any other relevant option than the following (set for both MMW server and MMW library)?

Image

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:52 am
by dtsig
None that I know of. I did notice that the Last Played didnt' get updated until the file is complete. Where MMW updates after about 5 minutes (which I prefer). It would be nice to have bookmarking working between upnp/dlna devices.

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:06 pm
by dtsig
As an update I just played another MMW->MMA video. I stopped it part way through and MMW did not update the Played# column or Last Played. And of course that means that the same device (not to mention any other device) playing that file MUST start from the beginning. Hope this gets *fixed* (with shared bookmark).

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:43 pm
by hintergrundrauschen
dtsig wrote:I did notice that the Last Played didnt' get updated until the file is complete.
I played all files (music/mp3) from beginning till end.

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:56 pm
by nohitter151
hintergrundrauschen wrote:Running 1683, it doesn't seem to work for me. Would you mind checking this?

Playing through UPnP on the remote device the play counter will not update (i.e. the remote device being control point and renderer, e.g. MMA). Same for using MMW to play to a remote device (i.e. the remote device being renderer only, like my Wireless UPnP radio box).
Works fine for me too, played over Upnp to Goodplayer for iPhone/iPad.

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:07 pm
by dtsig
Are these files you are playing videos or music? Seems like mp3s right?

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:19 pm
by dtsig
It's funny .. i just tested with music and the track Last Played was updated right away .. very different from Videos <sigh>. Played# was set to 1 right away. The only thing I can think of is it was cached right away. It is a 8.7 meg file. Pretty fast. Another song 13.5 gig updated after 5 seconds .. similar to the first.
I wonder if videos and music are updating differently with dlna

Re: Playcount and Lastplay not set under UPNP [#10454]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:29 pm
by hintergrundrauschen
Just tried again. Not working.

MMW --> play to --> Android / Bubble UPnP, mp3 1:11 min, mp3 2:50 min, aac 3:14 min, flac 2:50 min
MMW --> play to --> Android / UPnP Monkey, mp3 2:50 min
MMW --> play to --> Wireless UPnP Radio Pioneer XW-SMA1, mp3 1:11 min
MMW --> play to --> TV UPnP Panasonic, mp3 1:11 min
MMW --> play to --> Raspberry Pi XBMC, mp3 1:11 min

Android / MMA <-- play from MMW, mp3 1:11 min
Android / UPnP Monkey <-- play from MMW, mp3 1:11 min, aac 3:14 min, flac 2:50 min
TV UPnP Panasonic <-- play from MMW, mp3 1:11 min

I also tried disabling "update play counter" for both library and server, exiting MMW, restarting and enabling both options, again. Also executed database maintenance. Running without any scripts/extensions on Win 7.