1Pod Touch (1st Gen) databsse corrupt.

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

telliott

1Pod Touch (1st Gen) databsse corrupt.

Post by telliott »

I am at a loss. I am running the latest beta, 4.1.0.1626. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit. the iPod is running the latest iOS it supports. I upgraded iTunes to 11.02, which I think caused the problem so I uninstalled it and installed 11.1 but that didn't help.

My iPod seems to sync normally but no matter what I do, the music app on my iPod opens and crashes (closes). I tried wiping the music and re syncing with no luck. Sometimes the app will display "updating library" but will still crash.

I can't do a complete restore because the drive I saved my backup to crashed and iTunes won't have anything to do with my iPod. It says it's corrupt or something. It might as well be saying "Your iPod is too old. Go out and buy a new one".

I think I just need to repair the DB but I can't find a way to do that.

Thanks,
Tim
Ludek

Re: 1Pod Touch (1st Gen) databsse corrupt.

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I don't have iPod Touch 1 gen, but I have the first gen iPhone (which I believe is alsmost same).
I will try update iTunes to see if I can reproduce the issue too.

Despite the result I think this might help to you:
1. Close MM and iTunes
2. You'll need an iOS File Explorer such as i-FunBox or DiskAid
3. Delete \iTunes_Control\iTunes\iTunesCDB (backup it for sure before deleting from iPod)
4. Delete \iTunes_Control\iTunes\iTunes Library.itlp\Library.itdb (backup it for sure before deleting from iPod)
5. Start iTunes