Localization issues in 2.5 RC2 setup program

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Gervasio Antonio

Localization issues in 2.5 RC2 setup program

Post by Gervasio Antonio » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:18 am

I just downloaded and instaled RC-2 and saw the credits in the annoucement. Thanks ;-)

But there are some localization issues in setup program:

1) The ptbr InnoSetup translation file used in setup program is the orignal one, found in InnoSetup's website, but it is old and contains lots of errors.
In my translation pack I've include a corrected 'BrazilianPortuguese-4.1.8.isl' file, which is much more 'professional' and should be used to compile de setup program.

2) All custom strings (those included in 'install.po') are appearing untranslated in setup interface, but 'install.po' IS translated in the pack I've send. (Should I re-send these files to you, rusty?)

3) In RC-2 announcement it's written: "Updated Portuguese, Spanish, and Dutch translations (thanks to Gervasio, Pablo, and UI)". Is Portuguese supposed to be included in this main setup? Because it's not...
If ptbr will be included just in the additional language pack, so it's OK.

That's it

Merry X'mas and a very happy and prosperous New Year for all MM lovers!

mockturtle

Post by mockturtle » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:47 am

1) Problem is that we need 5.1.0+ version of the translation in order to be used in the installer. If you could update the latest one from Inno Setup page (can be downloaded from http://www.jrsoftware.org/files/istrans ... -5.1.0.isl), e-mail it to me asap and I'll update the installer.

2) I found just two such strings (and corrected them), others seem to be translated well.

3) Will be ok in the final release.

Thanks for your help,
Jiri

Gervasio Antonio

Post by Gervasio Antonio » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:04 am

jiri wrote:1) Problem is that we need 5.1.0+ version of the translation in order to be used in the installer. If you could update the latest one from Inno Setup page (can be downloaded from http://www.jrsoftware.org/files/istrans ... -5.1.0.isl), e-mail it to me asap and I'll update the installer.
Job is done. I've send it to your e-mail address.

jiri wrote:2) I found just two such strings (and corrected them), others seem to be translated well.
You're right. Only "Themes:" and "Enable full skinning (override Windows System theme)" were untranslated. Sorry.
jiri wrote:3) Will be ok in the final release.
;-)