Played count not incrementing correctly.

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Bluez

Played count not incrementing correctly.

Post by Bluez »

Just something I noticed with the this version is that the played # does not always increment correctly.
Sometimes, if I stop a podcast and carry on listening the next day the played count will increment with 1 giving a played count of 1.65. Other times, it does not increment the played count at all and it'll leave it at 0.65.
This morning, a podcast that I started to listen to yesterday and finished up with some pausing today, showed a play count of 2.
rivorson

Re: Played count not incrementing correctly.

Post by rivorson »

I have noticed very similar behaviour and I think it is related to this: mantis/view.php?id=11183.

My experience has been that if I pause a file part way through, the file will sometimes have the play count set at that bookmark position (e.g. 0.65) and then not be updated again at the end of the file. Other times I have had exactly what you have described.

I am using build 1656. 1658 was released a few hours ago but I can't see anything related in the change log. Let's see if the same problem occurs.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

You seem to be true that it could be related to http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11183
As you can see, starting from build 1655, the Played# is increased at 90%, so if you skipped 90% for whatever reason then Played# was not be increased.

We were thinking about improving it slightly to change the condition to
if Bookmark + Current played time in session = 90% , then increase Played#

e.g.
if Bookmark is 0.85 , user skips to 0.92 and let it play => Played# is increased at 0.97

But it still would not solve the case when
Bookmark is 0.65 , user skips to 0.95 and let it finish => Played# is not increased

Therefore the best solution could be to revert it to be consistent with MM 4.0 (increasing on file end), but when user press previous button [<<] to restart bookmark then Played# would be increased if seek bar was > 90% (this would solve the issue when user skips film credits)

I've re-opened the issue to evaluate it again.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Ludek, any chance to get the 'option' for this setting. So that LastPlayed gets set at beginning if we want.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Last Time Played is updated after 5 minutes of playback (even if file isn't played fully), more details here:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 183#c37551
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Yeah ... i had *though* i had noticed it starting to note at the beginning but hadn't noticed it in the
'whats changed'. This is great for me and others that asked for it ... i just hope you guys don't get bombarded with 'hey why is it doing this?' question :) Thanks again.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig