questions re installing beta

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

sjsilverman

questions re installing beta

Post by sjsilverman »

With apologies in advance if these are stupid or covered in a FAQ.

1. Portable vs. Normal mode. I understand the difference. What is unclear to me is whether recommendation that beta be installed in portable mode (using a separate directory) is a precaution so that bugs in beta version don't corrupt a user's database or whether beta program is not ready to run in "normal" mode. If the only risk is having to reinstall mediamonkey and recreate library (not such a big deal for the way I use program since I also keep tags updated), then I would just assume have only one version of program on machine.

2. "regular" exe vs debug. Should debug version be installed only if there is a problem that needs to be debugged?

Thanks for your help.
Lowlander

Re: questions re installing beta

Post by Lowlander »

1) It is no longer recommended to do this with the latest beta. However you may want to backup the DB or do a separate Portable Install if you're worried.

2) The debug is required for debugging. You can always install it when you come across a bug or when a debug log is requested.
sjsilverman

Re: questions re installing beta

Post by sjsilverman »

Thanks for replying so quickly and for continuing to work on this program, which I love and have used for years.