Miniplayer icon disappears from the taskbar

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

MadDan

Miniplayer icon disappears from the taskbar

Post by MadDan »

4.1.0.1667: If the MM is opened in miniplayer mode then the icon appears in the Windows 7 taskbar. If it is then maximized to the full player and then returned to miniplayer mode, the icon disappears and, when alt-tabbing in windows, there are two MM icons that appear in the alt-tab list. This only occurs if going from full player to miniplayer. If MM is opened in full player and then miniplayer is selected, the same thing happens. Workaround: Close MM while in miniplayer mode and then reopen it.
MadDan

Re: Miniplayer icon disappears from the taskbar

Post by MadDan »

This still happens in 4.1.0.1669.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I think this is normal ? I believe mm closes the main player and opens another one for the mini player.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MadDan

Post by MadDan »

I don't have any issue with the MiniPlayer being a different app and it being opened and then the full player being closed. There are two behaviors that are not desirable when MiniPlayer is selected in the FullPlayer:

1) There is an icon if MiniPlayer is closed and subsequently MediaMonkey is opened. Everything works great that way. The problem occurs when FullPlayer is opened and then MiniPlayer selected in FP. The result is no MM icon shown on the taskbar . When needing to pause music or video and MiniPlayer is hidden behind other apps, the user can't click on the icon in the task bar to bring it forward. They have to alt-tab to bring it forward. It appears that the icon for MiniPlayer is not registered with the task bar or is hidden. Given that MiniPlayer is in the alt-tab list, it seems that the task bar icon is hidden.

2) There are two MM apps listed in the alt-tab list. Alt-tabbing to one of them brings the mini-player forward. Alt-tabbing to the other does nothing. It could be that the icon that does nothing is the FullPlayer that has been hidden. Whether it is or it isn't, alt-tabbing to that other icon doesn't open anything.

I'm not trying to second guess design. It appears that the desired design is to make FullPlayer, MiniPlayer and MicroPlayer appear as one seamless app and that only one should display at any given time. If that isn't the case and this behavior is by design, I'll let this go. If not, then I want to help by accurately reporting a problem.

I'm a long-time windows developer currently doing web development. I am very fond of MM. I doubt the organization is interested but if you give me want me fix it and are willing to give me access to source, I'll take care of it, turn in the fix and delete all source code from my machine. I just want MM to work the way as its designers intend.

The problems are still present in v. 4.1.0.1681.