MM Service fail to listen on any port.

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

x-cimo

MM Service fail to listen on any port.

Post by x-cimo »

When MM is running as a Service it dosen't show as a MM sync source on my android phone. However it works fine when using MM without a service.

This is with 4.1.0.1670 beta (release), on Windows server 2012, but I don't think it's related to the OS.

I've looked a little into it, and the Mediamonkeyservice.exe or the Mediamonkey.exe are NOT listening on any ports if the service is running as a specified user. (Not NT SYSTEM).

I've then went in the service manager and changed the user the service is running under from my administrator account to SYSTEM user (NT SYSTEM), with that the service DOES listen to the same ports.

However that is not very helpful for me because my files are actually on a share that is mapped under the admin acount under the letter M:\ and that letter is not known by NT SYSTEM.

Does the service running as a user works properly for anyone?

Thanks
Ludek

Re: MM Service fail to listen on any port.

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
you seem to be first having this problem, the service is running same way (also via MediaMonkey.exe) on the same user account so there shouldn't be a difference.

Could you generate debug log (item 4b) here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 ) so that I could see more details?
Could I ask you to revert to build 1666? In course of http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 381#c37942 I added to build 1666 other debug messages that are related to server discovery. I removed them later in 1668 because they were overfillng debug logs.

Also when you are debugging the service, you will need to run DbgView app as administrator and enable both 'Capture Win32' and 'Capture Global Win32' in the 'Capture' menu of the DbgView app.

It would be great if you could generate two logs. The first one running the standard version (when it works/listen) and the second one when you run only the service, so that I could compare the difference.

Thank you.
x-cimo

Re: MM Service fail to listen on any port.

Post by x-cimo »

will do.