Global Hotkeys don't work with MiniPlayer in specific case

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

iwishihadaburger

Global Hotkeys don't work with MiniPlayer in specific case

Post by iwishihadaburger »

I've been having an issue with Global Hotkeys recently. My current setup is MiniPlayer+Now Playing, with a Rainmeter module displaying the album art.

The MiniPlayer won't receive any hotkeys if the Now Playing window was the last MM component to have focus. My routine is for AutoDJ to maintain 20 upcoming tracks, which gets trimmed to to what I actually want to hear. So if I do this I need to select the main MiniPlayer window before going back to what I was doing. Is there a workaround for this? It's almost as if the Now Playing window is stealing these commands and not doing anything with them.

Here's what the setup looks like: http://i.imgur.com/MaP9L4x.png.
It's MM 4.1.0.1669 on Windows 7 x64.

The only two Global Hotkeys I use are the 'Pause' button mapped to 'Play/Pause', and 'Ctrl+Alt+Right' mapped to 'Next File'. For the latter, I have an extra mouse button mapped to 'Ctrl+Alt+Right' through the Logitech mouse software. Both hotkeys fail in the same circumstances, and of course the mouse one never works unless the Logitech software is running.
Hotkey setup: http://i.imgur.com/JoxsPJs.png

Also, selecting a track from the MiniPlayer's Now Playing window and hitting the Delete key doesn't do anything. Would be nice to avoid right-clicking to remove files from Now Playing, because sometimes when I do that MM thinks I'm trying to rename the file. How it's interpreting a right-click as a left-click is a mystery to me.

What I've tried so far:
inserting PreferLLKeysHook=1 into MM.ini
keyboard and mouse software on/off
(Razer Blackwidow and Logitech Performance MX; typically mouse software is on, kb software is off)
removing and reapplying hotkeys and global status
Rainmeter on/off
all other programs on/off
different skins

-EDIT-
If MM is sent into MiniPlayer mode with the Now Playing window pre-enabled is is immediately unable to receive hotkeys. Even if the Now Playing window is then selected and the object of current focus, MM will not receive hotkeys of any type. Hotkeys usually go back to working once the main MiniPlayer widow has been selected. If MM is sent into MiniPlayer mode without the Now Playing window enabled it can receive hotkeys as normal.
Last edited by iwishihadaburger on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Re: Global Hotkeys don't work with MiniPlayer in specific ca

Post by Peke »

Can you repeat same with Non Skinned MMW?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
iwishihadaburger

Peke wrote:Can you repeat same with Non Skinned MMW?
Same behavior in Glided, Vitreous, and with the Windows system theme.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thank you, I can replicate the issue, will be fixed in 1673 as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11534
iwishihadaburger

Perfect, thank you.

Any clues on the delete key not working in MiniPlayer's Now Playing list?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

iwishihadaburger wrote: Any clues on the delete key not working in MiniPlayer's Now Playing list?
Thank you, I totally overlooked it, you are right, will be fixed as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11537 in build 1673 too.