[SOLVED] MMA cannot sync to MMW service

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

[SOLVED] MMA cannot sync to MMW service

Post by bkenobi69 »

I was having an issue a long time ago that kept me from being able to use MMW as a service.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=74920

I had help getting that resolved and thought everything was working as expected. MMA recently updated in such a way that MMW<->MMA sync indicated it was the first sync and I need to verify the connection. I logged on and didn't see anything since MMW is running as a service. So, I started MMW and restarted the sync. This worked and completed successfully. I then stopped the interactive MMW such that the service started and synced again. This time, I got an error after the sync timed out:

Code: Select all

Completed with errors
Synchronization refused by remote server.  Verify that Wi-Fi synchronization is enabled on the remote server.
I'm not sure how to enable sync from the service when it has no interface. I tried this with both 1718 and 1778 with same results. Any suggestions would be great.
bkenobi69

Re: MMA cannot sync to MMW service

Post by bkenobi69 »

Well, after a couple restarts and launching MMW before sync from MMA, the verification dialog popped up on MMW. I clicked "yes" and sync worked. I closed MMW and synced again successfully. I don't know what changed, but it appears to be working at this time. Strange!