Now-Playing: AV when viewing properties of multiple files

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

DC

Now-Playing: AV when viewing properties of multiple files

Post by DC » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:51 pm

Error: selected two files from Now-Playing (displayed via tree node). Chose context menu "Properties". Got access violation. Exact message of AV:

Code: Select all

Access violation at address 00574686 in module 'MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe'. Read of address 00000018.
The error is reproducible, even after restarting MM. Simply select more than one file in Now-Playing and open properties. This is with the alpha #772. The debug build does not show any details about this action (there are only three lines in the log and they were there before:

Code: Select all

[1420] InstanceManager - registering class.
[1420] InstanceManager - creating mutex.
[1420] InstanceManager - window destroyed
Each of the two selected files works for itself, i.e. if I only select a single file (regardless which one) I can access the properties without problem.

One hint: if you are really using Delphi or BCB for this I can recommend using madexcept for more detailed error reports. You will get a full callstack. This AV would be fixed in no time with it.

http://madshi.net/

(I am not associated with them but am a happy customer)

jiri

Post by jiri » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:49 am

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem. Please try to reproduce it in the skinned version (since in the non-skinned isn't any debug information supplied) and send me the log then - it will contain all needed exception information.

Thanks,
Jiri

DC

Post by DC » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:28 am

I have sent the bug report to your email address.