Now-Playing: Drag and drop does not work as indicated

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

DC

Now-Playing: Drag and drop does not work as indicated

Post by DC »

Error: drag song from Now-Playing to a new playlist. Mouse drop cursor indicates that song can be added but actually it is not added. Would expect that song is added to the playlist though.

Error: drag song from a playlist to Now-Playing. Mouse cursor indicates successful add (again) but song is not added to Now-Playing. Expected that this would do the same as choosing Play-Now / Play-Last from song's context menu.

Same problem exists when dragging a song from a different treenode into Now-Playing. Since the basic functionality is already available from the context menu it is probably relatively easy to support this drag and drop operation. Otherwise the drop must be disallowed and indicated as such with the mouse cursor.

This is also with the alpha build #772.
jiri

Post by jiri »

It seems to work fine on my machine, I can both drag&drop to and from Now Playing tree node. Do you use WinAmp as a player? In that case not all operations in the Now Playing are supported including its modifications within MM.

Jiri
DC

Post by DC »

Yes, I use Winamp 5.0c as player. I can confirm that it works with the built in player. What exactly is the problem here?

Dragging from Now-Playing to a playlist should be doable because the dragged songs are known during the drag/drop and the target playlist is MM internal anyway.

Dragging from a playlist to Now-Playing does not sound more difficult either because via Play-Now contextmenu any collection of files can be added to Now-Playing. Why shouldn't this be possible via drag & drop?

In any case the drop cursor should indicate that a drop is disallowed (for whatever reason) if it cannot be carried out.

I think I really need a documentation on which features are not available with Winamp as a player. This would be a huge time saver because then I wouldn't have to switch players, test and retest, and file reports of bugs or at least unexpected behaviour here...