Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 000000

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

DJMunch04

Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 000000

Post by DJMunch04 »

I am running media monkey gold on wildows xp. Everytime I try to access the help files I get this error message; Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000. I get the same error message everytome I close Media Monkey. I hve uninstalled and re-installed MM several times however, the error message still occurs?
jiri

Post by jiri »

As with any other bug report, please read http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69 and send us a debug log as described there.

Thanks,
Jiri
nun

Re: Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00

Post by nun »

Same exact issue. Had to cold boot my computer because it would not stop pooping up (was importing my library and went to play a song , after 30seconds got this) :roll:

Post by Guest »

It is a memory issue of xp that is tossing it not mm. My guess would be the page file /swap memory if you have a tweaking program called mz ultimate or the one called xteq setup or other one. Then find the option in them to clear the page file on reboot turn it on then reboot once to get the setting ready then reboot to clean it up. Then go back to the option and turn it off.Then rreboot to get the setting off. Reason you don't want to let the option on all the time is it greatly increases the shutdown time by minutes not seconds. The bigger the swap file the longer the shutdown.

but do this and let us know if it worked for you.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log (step 4b) capturing the Access Violation to support for developer analysis: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please ensure that you use latest MMW beta and that you also send mediamonkey.elf along.

For debugiing it is always wise to use Portable version of MMW in separate location.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts