high end playback

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

jacq

high end playback

Post by jacq »

With some help from nohitter151, I succeded in removing noisy backgrounds while playing lossless files AIF or WMA with mediamonkey (MM) :D .
Though, resulting files played with MM won't render the same high End quality as Itunes does for the same AIF files :( , I'm very sorry and do not want to insult anybody, but I'm talking about high quality music from a hifi system even if a computer has been introduced.

In fact the sound quality is higher than expected since I replaced my CD player with my PC via my new PS Audio DAC :D
The gap realy exist between Itune and MM softwares :( I'm not saying that this situation cannot be changed. Just need a solution for MM? :-?

I maybe need to install WinAmp together with MM to get absolute sound quality? Need help on this part.

my system:
windows XP Pro, 2002, SP 3, Celeron (R) CPU 2.ooGHz
2.00Ghz, 1,00 Go RAM.
Sound card M.audio audiophile 24/96, S/PDIF cable coax, ps audio DLIII DAC, Linn preamp Kairn, Linn power amp LK240
rovingcowboy

Re: high end playback

Post by rovingcowboy »

did you try a compressor on the preamp and stereo unit to make sure there is not in house power line noise?

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jacq

Post by jacq »

rovingcowboy wrote:did you try a compressor on the preamp and stereo unit to make sure there is not in house power line noise?

:-?
It must be something else because it's fine with an other software :-?

I must say that the difference is subtile, no noise, just not as defined :wink:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can try different output plugins with MediaMonkey to see if any give a better sound.
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

Is the problem only with AIFF files? If you listen to other file formats such as FLAC, APE, or WMA lossless, is the sound quality OK compared to iTunes?

I don't think MediaMonkey supports the AIFF format by default. This Apple format is not shown in the list of file types that can be associated with MM or imported to the database.

What input plugin are you using to decode these files? Perhaps the input plugin does not work as well as the iTunes decoder. There could be a re-sampling issue, or maybe if your files are 24 bits-per-sample they are being reduced to 16 bps.