Sync options for two ipods

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

PhilDG

Sync options for two ipods

Post by PhilDG »

I've got an Ipod 80gb classic and have just bought a Nano.

It appears to me as if MM is forcing me to have only one set of options for both my 80gb ipod and my 16gb device. Every time I change the options for one, when I plug in the other one, it has the same music and playlists checked. This is clearly very tedious as they both have totally different capacities.

It's interesting that they have different names and those names appear in the configuration options but it seems to save them as an 'ipod' set of options.
skst

Re: Sync options for two ipods

Post by skst »

I reported this almost a year ago, but it hasn't made the bug list. I'm not sure why since it's a very annoying bug that severely handicaps MM with iPods. Plus, it works fine with Creative MP3 players. Weird.
Lifetime license since Nov 2006
Windows 10 Pro (latest)
nduke

Post by nduke »

This and the various other iPod issues eventually forced me (kicking and screaming) to give up and got to the dark side. Yes, to iTunes.

As a user of multiple iPods and a compulsive scrobbler (LastFM) I got to the point where I had to give up on MM. I've been a HUGE paying fan of MM for years and I was able to get it to work with my Zen. Since switching to iPod it just got to be a nightmare to try and juggle syncing the iPods AND scrobble at the same time.

Although there is SO much I hate about iTunes - syncing and scrobbling are plug & play.

I'm still lurking the MM boards hoping for these issues to be smoothed out. Once they are I'll HAPPILY come back into the light!
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the report. Tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5674

-Rusty