Turn off errors from podcast updates [#5703]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

FeldmanSkitzoid

Turn off errors from podcast updates [#5703]

Post by FeldmanSkitzoid »

Can we get the option to hide, ignore, or otherwise turn off errors that occur when an auto-update of podcast feeds happens? Sometimes, a feed will not be accessible for whatever reason, and I really don't want to have to dismiss an error box from MM every hour (like I do right now). And to make matters worse, it frequently pops up more than one error message (the first telling me there has been a problem, the second showing me that there was a problem just a moment ago).

I just don't want MM to pop up any error messages that relate to podcats. That information is not useful, and having to dismiss error messages all the time is annoying.
FeldmanSkitzoid

Re: Turn off errors from podcast updates

Post by FeldmanSkitzoid »

I was going to post about this problem again, but I decided to just bump my existing thread.

Some of the podcasts I subscribe to have incorrect file links in their feeds. Every hour, when MM checks for updates, I get an error pop-up from MM (on top of whatever I'm doing at the time) telling me the file failed to download - usually an old episode I've already listened to. I get at least one of these messages every hour, and I have several waiting for me in the morning when I wake up. I'd just like the ability to turn off these error messages, since they serve no useful purpose. Yes, sometimes they close themselves, but they still get in the way. And sometimes, more than one will pop up, with "null" listed.

Thanks.
phadrus

Post by phadrus »

I have the same issue with podcasts. Sometimes these errors seem to freeze up MM and overall they are very annoying. Anyway to get rid of them or solve the problem that causes them to pop up?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's been noted here in the comments: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4282
jc

Re: Turn off errors from podcast updates [#5703]

Post by jc »

Any update on this? Im on v4.0.2.1462 and still having this issue.

Thanks!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jc wrote:Any update on this? Im on v4.0.2.1462 and still having this issue.

Thanks!
According to the ticket this issue was already resolved in 4.0. If you are still having an issue please generate a full debug log as described in the thread "How to report a bug".
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
thrashertm

Post by thrashertm »

I am experiencing this issue constantly with the current build - 4.1.3.1708 - and it's driving me nuts! Anyone else? I'll create a new thread and point to this one as it's rather old.
thrashertm

Global hotkeys stop working when podcast error popup showing

Post by thrashertm »

This is somewhat similar to http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=46280 - when a podcast fails to download (unavailable on server for example) there's an error popup, the global hotkeys do not work so I cannot pause/start a podcast - very annoying. Frankly, I don't need to see errors popping up when podcasts fail to download. It would be great if that feature could be turned off by default.

I am using version 4.1.3.1708 and overall I love the product. Thank you for your efforts!

Update: I notice that the hotkeys don't work when any MM window is open - Options, Help/About, etc. so this seems to be an overall approach to the hotkey execution.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Monco

How disable podcast error popup?

Post by Monco »

Hello All,

I am using MediaMonkey Gold, 4.1.7.1741 for downloading podcasts.

It is set to check for new podcasts every hour. Every hour I get at least one of the popup error messages telling me that a podcast file could not be downloaded,
Error
There was a problem downloading the following file(s):
This is extremely annoying and not in any way helpful. In fact the message barges to the front of the screen sometimes! If I'm working on photo editing or writing in a word processor I have to stop everything because of the popup alerting me a podcast file was not found for download. I don't care.

I looked through all the settings in MM hoping to find a way to turn off that function but I found nothing clearly related to it.

I searched the forums for others having the problem and found the following thread which says the problem was fixed in an earlier version. Well, it's back.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46280

Does anyone know how to disable the popup error "feature"?

Thank you,
Monco
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu May 21, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Monco

The bug still exists in ver. 4.1.8.1745

Post by Monco »

Hello All,

I upgraded to ver. 4.1.8.1745 on Tues July, 7 2015.

Today the new version of MM started throwing the same error message when the automatic update occurs. It used to happen once per hour on the hourly automatic update. Now it seems to happen every 20 minutes or so. It happens when I do a manual update on podcasts too.
Error
I turned off automatic updates because it's driving me crazy. The error message is continuing to pop up even with automatic updates disabled now!!!

I will shut down MM and start it when I want to check for podcast updates. This error message problem is just unbearable.
MediaMonkey Gold 4.1.8.1745-Lifetime License
Windows 7-64 Home Premium
Dell Inspiron Desktop-Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz-16 Gigs RAM
Monco

Errors from podcast updates bug still exists.

Post by Monco »

Hello All,

The podcast not found error bug still exists in ver. 4.1.8.1745. I first posted this message about the problem in the original thread but that thread still shows the problem as solved so I am creating a new thread.

I upgraded to MM ver. 4.1.8.1745 on Tues July, 7 2015.

Not long after that the new version of MM started throwing the same error message when the automatic update occurs. It used to happen once per hour on the hourly automatic update. Now it seems to happen every 20 minutes or so. It happens when I do a manual update on podcasts too.
Error

I turned off automatic updates because it's driving me crazy. The error message is continuing to pop up even with automatic updates disabled now!!!

I will shut down MM and start it when I want to check for podcast updates. This error message problem is just unbearable.

Not only is the problem not fixed but it is worse than before.
MediaMonkey Gold 4.1.8.1745-Lifetime License
Windows 7-64 Home Premium
Dell Inspiron Desktop-Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz-16 Gigs RAM
quickskier47

Post by quickskier47 »

I receive the same error. I'm disappointed this hasn't been resolved after five years of posts.

Usually the podcasts can't download simply because I'm not connected to the Internet, so every time I want to listen to music while working offline, I get these error messages as well with no way to turn them off. It's not especially helpful to have them forced as a new screen.