teamviewer

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

tester

teamviewer

Post by tester »

There seems to be a problem with MediaMonkey 3 & 4 if I start a Teamviewer remote desktop connection (to control the PC where Media Monkey runs) After that it is not longer possible to (re)start Media Monkey 3, Media Monkey 4 stops with a failure massage, but I can restart it.
nohitter151

Re: teamviewer

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
steveg_nh

Post by steveg_nh »

I tried to look at the referenced ticket, but it's no longer available.I'm also having an issue between TV and MM. When TV isn't running, no issues. Run TV, and I get the occasional MM crash, and I ALWAYS get a MM crash when trying to open a mp3 file by double clicking it.

Is there a way to see the content of that ticket? I never had this issue, until I rebuilt my PC two weeks ago.

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Just search support for the term when the link is broken (due to support update) and in this case you'll find: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... wont-start
steveg_nh

Post by steveg_nh »

Got it, thank you. Further digging though, I found it through Google. But I found another post, and learned that by disabling the TeamViewer Quick Connect feature, all is well. That feature lists MM as an Incompatible application, so that causes the issue. I disabled it, and am using MM in skinned mode with no issues anymore!
dtsig

mmw NOT happy with teamviewer

Post by dtsig »

Before i report this through support i wanted to know if anyone else has seen this behavior ..
If i use teamviewer from to connect to my office server running MMW, i can almost always cause an error by going into properties and making a change. Or sometimes even sorting by clicking on the column.

Anyone seen this
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: mmw NOT happy with teamviewer

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig

mmw NOT happy with teamviewer

Post by dtsig »

Is there a real reason why MMW won't work with teamviewer other than Delphi is so old it doesn't know how to spell teamviewer :)

I use teawviewer to handle the various boxes at the house and we use teamviewer (bought) in the office for working with clients and we never have a problem with it.

Would it be possible to get MMW updated where it can be used.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's the skin engine conflicting with TeamViewer inserting buttons: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... wont-start
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Yeah .. you pointed me to that when I had the problem .. this is asking for MMW to be corrected so it will work with Teamviewer. As it works with every other application I have used with it.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I *know* i tried the suggestion of Postby steveg_nh » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 am but have just re-tried this and now it works ..
So though it would be nice if it worked out of the box, this is a very do-able work-around.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig