Problem: Track volumes are not leveled during conversion (e.g. from FLAC to MP3)
Steps to reproduce:
1) Take a FLAC file with a substantially high volume (e.g. would require -10db adjustment to fit 89db target volume)
2) Send to folder -> Rip/Convert -> target folder
3) Choose MP3 format, and check "Level Track Volume" option
4) After conversion, three things are apparent:
- a) The track doesn't show +0.0db under "Track Volume" heading, as with previous 3.x Mediamonkey
b) The volume is still noticeably loud when playing
c) Right clicking the file and running "Analyze Volume" results in a -10db replay gain adjustment added to the file (as should have been applied to the file during conversion.
Anyone else experiencing this? I googled the heck out of this, but couldn't come up with anything. I can't be the only one experiencing this!
p.s. It sounds like almost identical behaviour to this post from this summer.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... on#p294231