MediaMonkey Portable crashes badly when USB is disconnected

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

nanite2000

MediaMonkey Portable crashes badly when USB is disconnected

Post by nanite2000 »

Hi,

I'm using MediaMonkey v4.0.7.1511 Portable Edition on Windows 7 x64.

If the USB drive that runs MediaMonkey becomes disconnected (e.g. someone knocks the cable, or some other hardware device causes the USB port to reset), then MediaMonkey will throw up numerous error messages similar to the following:

"There was a problem querying the database:
Could not retrieve data "SELECT * FROM Filters WHERE ID=?" : disk I/O error (10, 10)"

The error pops up multiple times along with other similar messages. MediaMonkey almost never recovers from this error, and makes no attempt to restore it's connection to the drive even after it has been reconnected. You can rarely dismiss all the messages, and often the only way to shut down MediaMonkey after such an error is to kill it via the Task Manager.

Given that USB drives are inherently prone to being disconnected occasionally, I would like to suggest MediaMonkey handles these sort of I/O errors more gracefully. The user should at least be able to dismiss the error message and shut down MediaMonkey through the normal procedure without having to resort to Task Manager.

Thanks.
BionicRooster

Re: MediaMonkey Portable crashes badly when USB is disconnec

Post by BionicRooster »

This continues to be a problem. I am having the same problem right now. Is there a way to fix it? I have tried doing "Maintain Library" > "Optimize database (Complete)" but with no success.
“Heart disease is a foodborne illness." Caldwell Esselstyn MD
Peke

Re: MediaMonkey Portable crashes badly when USB is disconnec

Post by Peke »

Try latest 4.1.10.1778
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts