Cannot Access External Drives over Windows Network

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

tlock65

Cannot Access External Drives over Windows Network

Post by tlock65 »

I stopped using MM over a year ago (Even though I paid for it) because after one update or another, MM would no longer recognize any of my external HDD over my network. (I used to have no problems with this, using older MM versions)
Microsoft terminal services, Microsoft Windows Network, and Web Client network all show up under the "Network" heading, but when clicked it sits there and does nothing.
My question is, is this ever going to be fixed? Out of curiosity, I just installed MM again for the first time in a year, and this is still a problem.
I moved on to Jriver because of this & it's too bad...I really used to like MM...
Lowlander

Re: Cannot Access External Drives over Windows Network

Post by Lowlander »

Never heard this reported and I have no issues with my NAS.

Some users have problems seeing networked devices in Add/Rescan Files, but this doesn't prohibit the use of them as you can manually enter the Path to the folder to be scanned, click Add, then OK to scan.
tlock65

Post by tlock65 »

Yes, that's what the problem has been...I could not add/rescan files from my networked external hard drives.
I had never tried entering the network addresses into the add box near the bottom (or even noticed it was even there, to be honest) That did work, & thanks for the tip. I might start using MM again now. (Although I have to say, Jriver Media Center is pretty damn good too lol)
I still can't help wondering why the drives don't show up under the Microsoft Windows Network, though...It would make things much simpler, & as I said, it used to work in older versions of MM.
edelman

Post by edelman »

thanks lowlander! Had the same problem with media monkey 4.0 gold. was able to simply copy and paste the NAS drive location (in windows, right click on your drive, click properties, copy what it says after location: then in MM paste into the field near the bottom of "add/rescan folders", click add) and voila it is there. And it is a one-time fix as the drive shows up now.

so thanks again! cheers!