Music randomly rewinds about 10 seconds

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Poobslag

Music randomly rewinds about 10 seconds

Post by Poobslag »

I've been using MediaMonkey for about two years without many problems. However, about three days ago it started skipping backwards. I'll have MediaMonkey playing music in the background, and the music will audibly skip. The time ticker will change from something like 0:22 to 0:12 when this happens. This happens very sporadically, maybe once every 30-45 minutes or so. Maybe less.

I haven't been able to predict it yet. I'm running MediaMonkey Gold, version 4.1.0.1692. I have not installed any plugins or scripts.
Lowlander

Re: Music randomly rewinds about 10 seconds

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps a hotkey has been set (Tools > Options > Hotkeys) and you're using it?
Poobslag

Post by Poobslag »

Lowlander wrote:Perhaps a hotkey has been set (Tools > Options > Hotkeys) and you're using it?
That's a good guess, the skip 5 seconds backwards action is shortcutted to "Media Rewind"... I don't have that key on my keyboard, but I've unchecked it just in case that's it.
Poobslag

Post by Poobslag »

It's still occurring -- I've verified that it's not related to hotkeys or anything, as the bug happens when I'm doing nothing else with the computer.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=59942

It seems identical to this issue from 2011. It rewinds about 10 seconds every two or three hours or so, it's pretty random.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Have you tried it on a fresh portable install? Does it happen with no addons/changes?
Have you sent in a debug log?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig