MKV Tag Bug

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

tropez

MKV Tag Bug

Post by tropez »

It seems that even the lastest build of MM 4.1.5.1712 has this issue.

All of my MKV files have tag data embedded using MatroskaTagger, specifically the Title field. MM is not reading this tag data for some files, not sure why. When I add those same files to KooRaRoo media server, it reads the Title tags without issue. When I open the problem files up in MatroskaTagger, the Title data is there. This is hit and miss, most of my files MM reads the title data fine, but many others it fails on.

Screenshot:

Lowlander

Re: MKV Tag Bug

Post by Lowlander »

It would seems MKV uses XML to store the tags. Thus you could compare it for one that works and one that fails and see if anything jumps out.

Otherwise you'll need to share a file for which it fails with support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit
tropez

Post by tropez »

Lowlander wrote:It would seems MKV uses XML to store the tags. Thus you could compare it for one that works and one that fails and see if anything jumps out.

Otherwise you'll need to share a file for which it fails with support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit
Yeah, nothing stands out, it's just random ones seem to not read the tag data while other files it reads just fine.

I will get a ticket going.
tropez

Post by tropez »

Ticket opened up. Problem is that each of these files are 1GB and larger so I don't know if I can upload that via web form.

I would gladly do a webex with your dev team if it helps so they can look around.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use solutions like box/dropbox to share the file.
tropez

Post by tropez »

I think I just found a clue.

When I went into my media folder, to pick files to upload to Dropbox/Google Drive, I sorted by file size to try and find the smallest files with issues. Here's where I noticed that the issues with the tags not being read seems to come into play with files that are over 4GB in size. Anything smaller than 4GB and it reads the tags without issue, then after that marker, as you can see, the data is no longer read by MM.

Still want me to upload the files after this finding?

MiPi

Post by MiPi »

This issue is fixed and will be ok in the next beta build. Thanks for the report.