UPnP playcount wrong [#12524]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

ademox

UPnP playcount wrong [#12524]

Post by ademox »

I have a problem with playcount sync between MM server & my Android phone.
Since I have a very large music library I don't sync actual files between my PC and phone. Instead I just use MM on my PC as an UPnP server and play songs with my phone from there. But there is a problem. When I play a list of songs on my phone, MM on the PC updates playcounts and dates which is what I actually want, but it does it wrong. As soon as a track starts playing, the playcount is immediately updated and additionally it updates the playcount of the next track on list. Additionally when the list ends, it updates the playcount of the first two tracks on the list although they will not be played and repeat function is off. I use version 4.1.3.1708 on PC and MM beta on my android phone.

Anybody with similar problem?
Lowlander

Re: UPnP playcount wrong

Post by Lowlander »

Playcount on start is by design as MMW can't track clients play progress (some clients download full file before playing). However you shouldn't see other files being counted if they're not being played.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Can you let us know if you observe the same problem once you upgrade to MMW 4.1.5.1719 ?

Thanks.

-Rusty
ademox

Post by ademox »

rusty wrote:Can you let us know if you observe the same problem once you upgrade to MMW 4.1.5.1719 ?

Thanks.

-Rusty
Yes, it seems that the problem is still there with the latest version of MMW. I checked the log of the sync device and it seems like it checks the next track on the list for some reason, maybe for prebuffering or something, but MMW takes it as a playcount.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback. As pointed out by Lowlander, I don't believe that this can be completely resolved, but we can certainly improve things.

Tracked at (you can see the details there):
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12524

-Rusty