static when burning cds

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

DianaConrad

static when burning cds

Post by DianaConrad »

Not sure how much help my whining will be since I can't find my posts or answers!
But here goes anyhooo.
In the past 6 months or so when I burn from mm the songs come up staticy. Some songs...not all.
I uninstalled mm (not gold) & reinstalled the 'new' version thinking that would fix it but not.
So. Is this fixable? Or not. Bug or not?
Also, I find the volume leveling doesn't & the burn on the fly still leaves gaps.
I am STILL technologically challenged so one must write slowly, clearly & preferably with feeling. But be nice. I'm old & would prefer just using smoke signals but 1 MUST keep up with the times, I am told.
thanks
Lowlander

Re: static when burning cds

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable Volume Leveling and if so what value is used? If not are you burning an Audio or Data CD?
technochallenged

Post by technochallenged »

I think I am going to cry......It has taken me this long to find my way back here to this question & the human checker tells me I can't tell the difference between horses & dogs & cats & monkeys! & I am a rancher!! How can this be?????
I enabled & set the leveling at 98db. If I set it lower I can't hear the quieter songs at all.
& I checked the 'on the fly' burning but still get spaces of 2-4 seconds between songs.
I burn strictly audio cds.
Does any of this tell you anything that might help?
Please & thanks
& now it tells me my user name is in use??? Of course it is!! I am trying to ask a question!???!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

98dB is too high, it's know to cause audio issues. 95dB generally is the maximum that gets good quality for most files.

As far as the username, you'll need to login to use it at which point you also don't need to select monkeys.
DianaConrad

Post by DianaConrad »

Ok. I will try that. Does this also affect the spaces in between the songs?
I will try to find my way back here after I try the lower dbs.
Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Lower dB value only changes volume of tracks, it doesn't affect spaces between files.
DianaConrad

Post by DianaConrad »

I still got static at 95 but 94 is clear....happiness....
Thank you.