Sync with Sony xperia z3 (KitKat) compact with ext SD card

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

kjegou

Sync with Sony xperia z3 (KitKat) compact with ext SD card

Post by kjegou »

Since i changed my mobile phone, the sync has big issues. i used to have lots of othe phones before (Huawei G550, iphone etc..)

My new phone is an Android KitKat 4.4 device : Sony Xperia Z3 compact. On this phone i put an SD card that i previously used i another phone (so the name of the card carries the name of my old phone in MMW > not a real issue, but it took me some time to realise..)

The big issues i am facing are:
-very slow sync operation whatever i do. it takes a good 10 minutes to start do whatever it has to do (Indication :"prepartion of files"..)
-when the real operation has to be done, every file or metadate produced an access violation" window on the screen

I know i need to run debug + provide log - will do shortly. i wonder if:
-this is an issue with Android KitKat
- thi shas to do with the fact the fact the SD card was initiated in another device (MMW still shows "Huawei G550 internal memory in the media tree.)
Lowlander

Re: Sync with Sony xperia z3 (KitKat) compact with ext SD ca

Post by Lowlander »

What version of MediaMonkey are you using and do you have MMA installed on the phone?
kjegou

Post by kjegou »

MM Windows version 4.1.5.1719
Yes i have MMA installed, version 1.1.0.0355

The sync is over the cable - not wifi
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As you're on the beta of MMA I suggest you do the same for MMW (from Beta forum).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Also in some cases WiFi can act differently which can help us pinpoint if there is a bug.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kjegou

Post by kjegou »

hi again.

since the last MMA version pushed to my device, it seems (i am really saying "it seems" as i only synced once!) that it gets better. i do the following:
- i do not select any playlist or music file
-i just select "sync metadata from device to MMw"

then i sync and ..i get the songs with the right playdate on the MMW database, all refreshed. This the first time i am getting this for the device so Hurrrahhh !!!!

Next step - and before i test this here is quizz for you. Use case is:
- i listen to a song completely in MMA device
- i select a playlist that contains this song (or select the related folder ) AFTER the previous action
- i sync

The question is: what is the sync doing EXACTLY:
- still trying to transfer again the song to MMA regardless of the fact that MMA actually still has the most update version ?
- not transfer and keep the current version while still updating the medata?

i really wonder how smart is the logic of MMA/MMW sync and how much logic has been put in whatever MMW has to do